• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thom OFFLINE  

thom
  • Member No: 33353
  • 1357 Thanks
  • 750 posts

Posted March 27, 2021 - 05:24 PM

I need a flywheel cover/blower housing with starter recoil assy for a B&S Model 14. Models 9,14, and 23 might interchange. I have the starter clutch, just need the correct cover and recoil assy. Thanks.

#2 Bruce Dorsi ONLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 5121 Thanks
  • 2911 posts

Posted March 27, 2021 - 07:45 PM

Do you have the correct crankshaft to accommodate the starter clutch?

#3 thom OFFLINE  

thom
  • 1357 Thanks
  • 750 posts

Posted March 28, 2021 - 12:33 AM

Evidently, as the starter ratchet/clutch was still on the engine when I got the tractor. I took it off and cleaned it out and very lightly lubed the smooth portion of the crankshaft that it spins on. The friend that I got it from repaired small engines and powered equipment for others and said he must have accidently "borrowed" the cover off this, his personal tractor for a customers and forgot to remove it. He used it for several years in his own small garden. The Sears I bought had been in his family since new, originally bought by his older sister. He inherited it after she passed away. We searched his shop(s) over well but were unable to find the cover at the time.

If I find the necessary parts to convert over to a battery and starter/generator I will do so.

Thanks.

#4 thom OFFLINE  

thom
  • 1357 Thanks
  • 750 posts

Posted April 06, 2021 - 10:26 PM

CORRECTION: My engine is a Model 19, NOT a 14. The cover might interchange (?) though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wanted