• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 992 Thanks
  • 758 posts

Posted February 11, 2021 - 08:04 PM

Nice condition Kubota T1600 Diesel lawn tractor, 40" mower deck, 2 cylinder 13.5hp liquid cooled diesel, shaft drive to both mower deck and Hydro transmission with foot peddle speed control.  Brand new tires front and rear along with the optional hubcaps.  Engine makes an excellent one to transplant into something else like a large frame Allis/Simplicity or Cub Cadet.   Asking $725 obo, located in Kokomo, Indiana.  Pics taken in warmer weather, she is a bit snow bound at the moment.  

Kubota1.jpg

Kubota.jpg

kubotaengine.jpg

• Texas Deere and Horse, Cvans, 4getgto and 1 other said thanks

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 15135 Thanks
  • 15577 posts

Posted February 11, 2021 - 11:35 PM

Great little lawn tractor, mine has a 48" deck under it. I bought it for the engine but it's so handy and powerful to mow with, I'm just going to use it until the deck dies.
  • EricFromPa and 4getgto have said thanks

#3 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 992 Thanks
  • 758 posts

Posted February 12, 2021 - 12:26 PM

If it only had more of a frame between the console and the rear end.  There is a sleeve hitch that could be mounted to this little guy, he has the engine and hydro for limited rear implement work in my opinion, but that thin wall tubular frame for the bulk of whats from the console back is prone to cracking.  I had one that had lots of welding done to try and beef up that frame.  This one is nice with no cracks yet, all I have done is mow and pull my lawn cart as I cannot find the optional snow blade for it.  I think the snowblower would stress the frame as its the same basic unit for the larger G series GT's.   I love the size and 2 cylinder sound, but I want to do more with it, like pull a 6" 1 bottom moldboard plow and it cant, which is a shame.  The decks seem to rot on on these and other G series if you dont stay on top of keeping them clean, both on top and under it. I had to weld up some stress cracks in this one that radiate from the rear castor roller brackets.  Typical for this deck design.  Great little machine for what they were, shame Kubota didnt upgrade a few things and keep making them.  

Edited by mtoney, February 12, 2021 - 12:32 PM.

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: for sale