• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pacer OFFLINE  

pacer
  • Member No: 39185
  • 120 Thanks
  • 104 posts

Posted January 25, 2021 - 09:20 PM

MF 1650 with 48" deck and a 4250 tiller with nothing I am aware of needing attention  -- Asking $1400.

I am located in N W Louisiana near Shreveport    (phone 3one8 294 32seven three)

Background -- I am retired and my "hobby" is finding these old heavy duty, tough as a boot garden tractors and completely go through them, bringing them back to as close to their original condition as possible. It is not a complete resto!!, I have been using the tractor for some time. I found this one in back of guys house buried in weeds for --- he didnt know how long.

Amazingly enough after a thorough fuel cleanup - tank to carb - it fired right up and with some tires (new) on it was able to drive it and here again I was surprised that everything worked well. This told me that it was very likely that I could bring this old gal back to life.

Went into the K341 (probably THE best engine Kohler ever made!!) 16hp and found some wear but not enough for a complete rebuild, so I cleaned up everything with new - piston/rings, reseat valves, all new gaskets, ignition, etc. (removed "grenade gears" as they had some wear) If you are familiar with this model you know the drive shafts will be worn and parts are almost nonexistant - I devised a system to repair them and should last many more yrs. Changed/flushed all fluids and replaced all belts.

The deck was rusted beyond repair, but I found a replacement case and completely rebuilt all 3 spindles with all bearings/seals, also new blades and also rebuilt the 'mule'.

The tiller needed very little attention, went into gear box and replaced bearings/seals and general cleanup and it was ready, the tines are very good (the chain cover is missing and a replacement isnt to be found)

The tractor runs really well and is by far the easiest steering I have ever had. Obviously it has 3 point hitch and PTO. I sandblasted and painted everything, adding a new set of decals and a new seat.

Why am I getting rid of it?? I also have a Massey1655 equipped the same and I also have 2 D series Wheel Horses --- and, at 81 yrs, I find I just cant tackle these very labor intensive - and expensive, projects

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_3688.JPG
  • IMG_3690.JPG
  • IMG_3691.JPG
  • IMG_3689.JPG
  • IMG_3692.JPG
  • IMG_3693.JPG
  • IMG_3694.JPG

Edited by pacer, January 27, 2021 - 10:49 AM.

• DMAX, limebuzz, 101 senior and 4 others have said thanks

#2 sharkman OFFLINE  

sharkman
  • Member No: 34759
  • 538 Thanks
  • 443 posts

Posted January 26, 2021 - 02:18 PM

nice looking machine!  

#3 pacer OFFLINE  

pacer
  • Member No: 39185
  • 120 Thanks