426tractorguy

infowars.com

• Contributor
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 99054
  • 1059 Thanks
  • 567 posts

Posted January 13, 2021 - 07:22 AM

i keep getting these stupid ads popping up all over my screen... WHY??? they are so annoying and block half the screen up

• 4getgto, afarmboy, IHCubCadet147 and 1 other said thanks

#2 greenb6901 ONLINE  

greenb6901
  • Member No: 85456
  • 2009 Thanks
  • 541 posts

Posted January 13, 2021 - 07:43 AM

Unfortunately, we live in a world of commercials. Sites used to be owned by individuals and either they foot the cost or charged to belong to the site in order to cover the cost.
Now the sites belong to companies that are funded by commercials so a person either deals with it, leaves the site or pays to get rid of the commercials.
I recall that the reason we purchased cable TV is because they guaranteed commercial free. We see where that went. Remember microsoft games you could play for free. Now they are filled with commercials. I don't play them anymore.
Example, you come into your new house and say, Alexa/ Google, whatever, turn on my lights and lock the door. It responds with, would you be interested in a great deal on a car today? How are your feet feeling? and on and on.
It's coming.
Don't have those either.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk
  • boyscout862, oldedeeres, chieffan and 3 others have said thanks

#3 4getgto ONLINE  

4getgto
  • Member No: 85766
  • 5909 Thanks
  • 2194 posts

Posted January 13, 2021 - 08:22 AM

i keep getting these stupid ads popping up all over my screen... WHY??? they are so annoying and block half the screen up

I don't get a one..
Must have some kind of ad blocker ..!
  • boyscout862, propane1, chieffan and 3 others have said thanks

#4 jcp7hp ONLINE  

jcp7hp

( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)

• Contributor
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 96592
  • 1163 Thanks
  • 584 posts

Posted January 13, 2021 - 09:08 AM

Where? Im only getting them at the very bottom?!

• 4getgto, afarmboy and IHCubCadet147 have said thanks

#5 poncho62 OFFLINE  

poncho62

Hangin' with the cool kids

• Member No: 42
  • 3776 Thanks
  • 2466 posts

Posted January 13, 2021 - 09:58 AM

Are you logged on when getting these ads?

I am not a paying member and get no ads when logged on. I get the one at the bottom of the page, but don't generally scroll that far down. 

• oldedeeres, 29 Chev, afarmboy and 1 other said thanks

#6 IHCubCadet147 ONLINE  

IHCubCadet147
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 93788
  • 2110 Thanks
  • 876 posts

Posted January 13, 2021 - 09:59 AM

Nothing here, just a small one at the bottom.

• afarmboy said thank you

#7 29 Chev ONLINE  

29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 21177 Thanks
  • 7084 posts

Posted January 13, 2021 - 10:51 AM

Knowing the type of device you are using to access the site may help others try and suggest ways of removing the ads and identify what is creating them.  I am using a PC with Microsoft Edge and only have the one ad at the very bottom of the page the same as other members have mentioned.  You may have also been on another site and picked up some less than desirable software / malware that is now creating the ads.   

• afarmboy and IHCubCadet147 have said thanks

#8 secondtry ONLINE  

secondtry
  • Member No: 83632
  • 4728 Thanks
  • 2805 posts

Posted January 13, 2021 - 11:18 AM

Only add I ever see is the nag message from my free antivirus. PC Windows 7. And none at all PC with Linux cinnamon Mint.

Don 

• gopher, afarmboy and IHCubCadet147 have said thanks

#9 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Fixer of Broken junk

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 6707 Thanks
  • 4541 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:56 AM

I don't use my cell phone for much and I definitely don't use it for web browsing.The screen is to darn small to read anything on any way lol. I see absolutely no Ads on any of the cites that I visit using my Computer. Win 10 64 with Firefox and AdGuard AdBlocker.

I found it to be probably the best Free blocker addon for firefox. I used to use AdBlock Plus and it was decent but this one has Alot more options including Stealth mode that allows you to visit sites that detects adblockers, those cites won't open until you disable your adblocker such as POGO. I gota have my pogo crossword game lol. If your using Firefox on a computer give this a try.  https://addons.mozil..._content=search

Just watch that you do not manually block something useful. There is an option that allows you to block ANYTHING on your screen just by highlighting it. Including the little Thanks button or the Post button or the loggin box. Seriously everything and anything on your browsers screen can be blocked with this thing. Don't ask how to unblock stuff because I have no idea lol.

Edited by EricFromPa, Yesterday, 04:04 AM.

• 4getgto, afarmboy and IHCubCadet147 have said thanks

#10 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Anything Red . . .

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 18607 Thanks
  • 11799 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:41 AM

I get some sites that throw up a window in front of the text explaining that they get funds from ads. They give you a choice to cancel the AdBlocker. Going to the AB logo northeast of your screen allows you to alter it's action

• afarmboy and IHCubCadet147 have said thanks