jcp7hp

( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)

• Contributor
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 96592
  • 1184 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted January 11, 2021 - 01:37 PM

I plan on buying a moldboard plow for my tractor. And some ag tires.. So of course, i need to install a sleeve hitch. The issue is the my mower deck lift on the 1250 is so rusted together, that it almost looks like a weld. And i dont have the rockshaft or the lift linkage. So ive sketched out a design for the sleeve hitch without using the deck lift. Im going to make a simple raise/lower handle thats connected to the sleeve hitch. By attaching a bar to the arms that would originally go to the lift, I will just make a simple lever. Pull up to raise, push down to.. Push down. Pretty simple setup idea without having to break loose the "rust welded" mower lift problem. And also the parts for the lift and rockshaft are also just adding to the price and time. So im just going to have a simple lever setup. I may make a locking mechanisim that will hold the lever in place from falling down as my arms will get tired from holding is down all the time. Should be enough for a plow. Plow, lift shortley, then plow again. This design was based off the newer MTD sleeve hitches that bolt to the actual hitch.

Sleeve hitch: https://www.google.c...D4IQvhd6BAgBEHo

idea based off:slvhtch.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• 81B5792B-CE08-4B9D-8676-682DC68E849A.jpeg

Edited by jcp7hp, January 11, 2021 - 01:40 PM.

• Achto, afarmboy and IHCubCadet147 have said thanks

#2 Achto OFFLINE  

Achto
  • Member No: 83574
  • 1130 Thanks
  • 393 posts

Posted January 11, 2021 - 05:09 PM

Looks like a good idea.

The brown welded rock shaft may seem daunting but it can be broken loose with some persistence. Soak all of the pivot parts with a 50/50 mixture of transmission fluid and acetone or Sea Foam Deep Creep. Keep doing this every day for about a week then start trying to move the lift handle. Don't be afraid to get a little forceful. If you don't get any movement, keep soaking all the moving parts and trying to move the handle each day. It should break loose eventually. If you use the Deep Creep you can try heating the pivot points with a simple propane torch, this will actually draw the Deep Creep into the pivot points.

https://www.walmart....hRoC2_sQAvD_BwE

• boyscout862, afarmboy, IHCubCadet147 and 1 other said thanks

#3 jcp7hp ONLINE  

jcp7hp

( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)

• Contributor
  • GTt Junior
  • 1184 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted January 11, 2021 - 05:12 PM

Looks like a good idea.

The brown welded rock shaft may seem daunting but it can be broken loose with some persistence. Soak all of the pivot parts with a 50/50 mixture of transmission fluid and acetone or Sea Foam Deep Creep. Keep doing this every day for about a week then start trying to move the lift handle. Don't be afraid to get a little forceful. If you don't get any movement, keep soaking all the moving parts and trying to move the handle each day. It should break loose eventually. If you use the Deep Creep you can try heating the pivot points with a simple propane torch, this will actually draw the Deep Creep into the pivot points.

https://www.walmart....hRoC2_sQAvD_BwE

Just bought some deep creep and some transmission fluid! I’ll try that!
  • chieffan, Achto, afarmboy and 1 other said thanks

#4 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 16165 Thanks
  • 8980 posts

Posted January 11, 2021 - 09:42 PM

PB Blaster always works better for me. Never had much luck with the Tranny fluid/acetone mixture.  Patience is a big plus on trying to work something like that free.  I am still working on freeing up the brake lock on a 1650.  Will free up and after a few days it is real stiff again.

• boyscout862, afarmboy and jcp7hp have said thanks

#5 jcp7hp ONLINE  

jcp7hp

( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)

• Contributor
  • GTt Junior
  • 1184 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted January 12, 2021 - 10:50 AM

I am also considering purchasing a linear actuator to work as my top link. Wiring will be needed but lifting by hand can wear you out! Ill first try the manual lift idea, if that is too heavy, ill buy the linear actuator.  But first first, ill try the rust removal..

• AdamTheWebMan and Achto have said thanks