Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What is the biggest and baddest Large Frame Bolens? 1886? HT-20? HT-23?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 blackjackjakexxix OFFLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Member No: 2194
  • 3726 Thanks
  • 2367 posts

Posted January 01, 2021 - 02:34 PM

Yes from my knowledge they were a ht23 but with a 3 cylinder diesel how ever they were really rare
I believe there is member on here that has one oldbuzzard

Unfortunately,Old Buzzard pasted a way a few years ago,another member on here now has that tractor
  • tom631, HowardsMF155, 8tyman8 and 3 others have said thanks

#17 Paulgo OFFLINE  

Paulgo
  • Member No: 68759
  • 761 Thanks
  • 483 posts

Posted January 05, 2021 - 08:06 PM

I know this may not be topic related, but this popped up in Wisconsin.  I have seen it on FB marketplace and also this CL link.  I am guessing there are many Large Frame guys loooking at this thread.  It seems like a decent deal.  

https://madison.crai...7254696836.html

I'm thinking the guy did a quickie paint job on that. Decals are way wrong. The ones on the sides of the hood are backwards. The HT23 on the front of the hood should be offset and would be for an S model-- which this isn't. 

As for personal favorite, mine is the HT23 with its bigger engine and hi/low transaxle. 

Paul

Edited by Paulgo, January 05, 2021 - 08:19 PM.

• BolensFanatic1988, Austen and bprzyw have said thanks

#18 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 5455
  • 466 Thanks
  • 757 posts

Posted January 07, 2021 - 08:23 PM

Yes, they are nice engines and run very smoothly. The K3D was part of a larger engine family and not a proprietary engine for the HDT in particular, it was put in many machines of different manufactures including Bolens/Iseki sub compacts, FYI.

I have always thought a 4x4 Bolens large frame would be pretty cool too and I have no doubts that if they were produced today, the feature would be standard. If you think about it though, at the time period that these were sold, the 4x4 feature for garden tractors (GT's) in general really didn't exist among most, if not all, GT manufactures. It was not a feature that you saw back then like you do on modern GT's today. I suppose if you really needed it back then, Bolens would've steered you into one of their Iseki sub compacts instead that would have had the feature. Bolens however was revolutionary on other things with the 1250 like the foot-controlled "Treadle Pedal" connected to an Eaton 12 hydrostatic transmission designed specifically for Bolens, both a first for a garden tractor. I will finish this comment with a bit of bias, however, I believe it and can say it since we're in the Bolens section of the forum. Compared to other GT's, Bolens was in a league of their own with the large frame and it is why so many enthusiasts of the brand covet them so much. A large frame is the definition of a "super garden tractor" due to its size and capabilities, but when you see one in person, you will quickly understand by the way it is constructed like a tank and the planted feel behind the wheel that it is not like any other garden tractor you've experienced.

I was reading that the 3 cylinder diesel in the HDT-1000 is made by Mitsubishi. Haven’t heard to much on it so must be a good engine lol. It amazes me Bolens never made a 4x4 large frame. That would be insane

Yes, they are nice engines and run very smoothly. The K3D was part of a larger engine family and not a proprietary engine for the HDT in particular, it was put in many machines of different manufactures including Bolens/Iseki sub compacts, FYI.

I have always thought a 4x4 Bolens large frame would be pretty cool too and I have no doubts that if they were produced today, the feature would be standard. If you think about it though, at the time period that these were sold, the 4x4 feature for garden tractors (GT's) in general really didn't exist among most, if not all, GT manufactures. It was not a feature that you saw back then like you do on modern GT's today. I suppose if you really needed it back then, Bolens would've steered you into one of their Iseki sub compacts instead that would have had the feature. Bolens however was revolutionary on other things with the 1250 like the foot-controlled "Treadle Pedal" connected to an Eaton 12 hydrostatic transmission designed specifically for Bolens, both a first for a garden tractor. I will finish this comment with a bit of bias, however, I believe it and can say it since we're in the Bolens section of the forum. Compared to other GT's, Bolens was in a league of their own with the large frame and it is why so many enthusiasts of the brand covet them so much. A large frame is the definition of a "super garden tractor" due to its size and capabilities, but when you see one in person, you will quickly understand by the way it is constructed like a tank and the planted feel behind the wheel that it is not like any other garden tractor you've experienced.

Yes they are a good engine I have one in my randsomes upfront mower 74 inch cut it works well and cuts 32 acres fast it is cold blooded probably needs injectors and glow plugs but runs good once I get it started
  • BolensFanatic1988, Austen and bprzyw have said thanks

#19 Austen OFFLINE  

Austen
  • Member No: 33768
  • 3722 Thanks
  • 1470 posts

Posted January 07, 2021 - 09:58 PM

Yes they are a good engine I have one in my randsomes upfront mower 74 inch cut it works well and cuts 32 acres fast it is cold blooded probably needs injectors and glow plugs but runs good once I get it started

Probably glow plugs. Mine will cold start right up after a good 30 second left turn of the key with the light on at 30 degree F temps. 

• BolensFanatic1988, bprzyw and nsengineer have said thanks

#20 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 5455
  • 466 Thanks
  • 757 posts

Posted January 13, 2021 - 09:16 PM

3 acres*** it's good but not 32 acres good haha
  • bprzyw and nsengineer have said thanks

#21 tom631 OFFLINE  

tom631

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2099
  • 56 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted April 05, 2021 - 10:00 AM

Unfortunately,Old Buzzard pasted a way a few years ago,another member on here now has that tractor

Sorry to hear that.