Garden Tractor Forums banner

Wisconsin Engine Service Sign and Clock

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Mark 149 J. 
#1 ·
Found this sign on marketplace. I drove 4 hrs. round trip yesterday to pick it up. I wife wanted to know what I wanted for Christmas and this is one thing that I showed her and she said "ok". It was very dirty and I had to scrub the plastic with a scotch brite pad. Everything works good. It had a crack in the plastic but I was able to get the plastic to lay back down. I glued it and you can't hardly see it anymore. Paid $40 which I thought was very good. The ballast has a date of 1972 so I believe it's made about that time.

Before

Wood Font Line Wall Gas
Brown Rectangle Beige Tints and shades Flooring
Rectangle Wood Paint Material property Flooring
Paint Wood Textile Art Triangle
Paint Azure Rectangle Wood Art paint
Brown Wood Wood stain Hardwood Varnish

After

Rectangle Beige Wood Font Tints and shades
Brown Wood Gesture Art Creative arts
Cabinetry Rectangle Wood Display case Gas
Azure Wood Motor vehicle Paint Font
Motor vehicle Font Automotive exterior Wood Bumper

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks!

It's hard to find around here. He had somebody 300 miles away that wanted it but the seller didn't want to ship it. I don't blame him. It's 3 ft. long x 18" x 10" . That's not an easy size package to ship.

#7 ·
That's a cool sign. Do you know where you are going to hand it?
Thanks!

I told my wife I was going to hang it in the kitchen so I could see it all of the time (I'm the cook in the family). She said no!!!

I plenty of wall space in my shop so I guess it will go there. :)

#8 ·
Finally got the time to hang the sign in my shop.

Property Window Shelf Wood Interior design
Wood Font Gas Fixture Rectangle
Wood Fixture Font Gas Window
Clock Window Font Gas Picture frame

I like it!!

Attachments

#9 ·
Looks good - two clocks will keep you twice as busy when the power goes off and you try and resynchronize the hands. Looks like right now one is a little later than the other. :D

#10 ·
Looks good - two clocks will keep you twice as busy when the power goes off and you try and resynchronize the hands. Looks like right now one is a little later than the other. :D
Yes it will!

They are an hour apart so I don't have to switch them for daylight saving. :)

#11 ·
#13 ·
Reactions: Mark 149 J.
#14 ·
I like it too, a lot. It looks great hanging there on the wall and that was a great price at $40, I would a snagged that right up. Great work and congrats
Thanks!

It was up on marketplace for several weeks before I decided to go get it.

Reactions: KennyP
#16 ·
Thanks!
It was up on marketplace for several weeks before I decided to go get it.
Damn it, wish I saw it first hee hee. Oh well, if I can get a Tecumseh or kohler sign or something like you got I'll be happy. Obviously the very first thing I need is a shed to put this stuff in, lol. Hopefully this year in spring

#17 ·
Damn it, wish I saw it first hee hee. Oh well, if I can get a Tecumseh or kohler sign or something like you got I'll be happy. Obviously the very first thing I need is a shed to put this stuff in, lol. Hopefully this year in spring
Thanks!

Took me a long time before I had the space and time as well but eventually it happened. Good luck on finding a sign and getting a shop.

Reactions: afarmboy
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.