• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nsengineer ONLINE  

nsengineer
  • Member No: 86754
  • 836 Thanks
  • 222 posts

Posted October 18, 2020 - 03:28 PM

Hello all. I am sending a question out to all of the large frame owners that have a 3 point hitch. This can be the older large frame or the newer HT. Both can apply to my question. The question is: what is the full travel length from the edge of the lower lift arms from the fully lowered to the fully raised positions? The reason for my asking is I’ve put the older style 18010 on an HT and in the near full raised position the arms do make contact with the rear of the frame. I knew that going into the purchase of this setup that there could be some interference. It’s not an issue with me but did want to know if I was really loosing some travel or if it was just a little bit. I am not opposed to notching the frame (gasp). Due to this being a restomod already and there being NO intention of getting rid of this machine. The frame has already been cut and modified extensively for the diesel conversion. If I’m only loosing an inch of lift I’m not worrying about doing anything to the frame but if I’m seriously loosing travel it will be considered. My travel from the center of the attachment mounting eye to the ground is 7 1/2 in lower position to around 15 at full lift when the arm brackets of mine touch the frame from being the older style setup. Any and all of your help is GREATLY appreciated Thanks Jeff

I don't have a picture at this time of how they touch the frame but this one shows where it would touch if raised higher. They touch upper corner of frame.  

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2417.jpg
  • IMG_2418.jpg

Edited by nsengineer, October 18, 2020 - 05:38 PM.

• blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#2 Rock farmer OFFLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1503 Thanks
  • 1410 posts

Posted October 18, 2020 - 04:09 PM

Hello Jeff,

I have both.

the change was to add a mechanical stop to hold the arms in the raised position.

you can pull a knob to engage the lock.

the issue isn’t really the height.

its the mechanical pressure on the back edge of the frame.

joe

• blackjackjakexxix and nsengineer have said thanks

#3 Austen OFFLINE  

Austen
  • Member No: 33768
  • 3482 Thanks
  • 1411 posts

Posted October 18, 2020 - 06:52 PM

Hey Jeff, so I just went out and measured the full range of travel from lowest position to high as it will go. I get 8 3/4."

• blackjackjakexxix, kjmweld and nsengineer have said thanks

#4 nsengineer ONLINE  

nsengineer
  • Member No: 86754
  • 836 Thanks
  • 222 posts

Posted October 18, 2020 - 09:26 PM

Thanks Austen, thats  really close to what I have stroke wise with this setup.  

• blackjackjakexxix and Austen have said thanks