• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Russell1961 OFFLINE  

Russell1961
  • Member No: 100512
  • 2 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted August 16, 2020 - 08:06 PM

My great uncle gave me this little mower, I cleaned it up, took the deck out from under it, deck is shot, . I was going to use the mower just to spray weed killer around the place. After building the rack for the 14 gallon sprayer and wiring up the pump, I didn’t even get to spray a whole tank when there was a pop and it quit moving. Shaft broke right at the snap ring by the bearing. Would really like to get this mower back to going.

#2 Russell1961 OFFLINE  

Russell1961
  • 2 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted August 17, 2020 - 03:47 PM

Oh my , nothing out there, did I post in the wrong place?
  • Cvans said thank you

#3 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 50480 Thanks
  • 52451 posts

Posted August 18, 2020 - 05:46 AM

Not a lot of Kubota folks on here.

#4 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 9343 Thanks
  • 7214 posts

Posted August 18, 2020 - 10:50 PM

Having had several of those mowers I can tell you that you'd be well off to find another one for parts as parts are not cheap. The good news is that parts are (or at least were) still available. We still have two of them and they are very good machines if they've been taken care of. The steering gears and the decks being the weak points. 

The only axles the we have broken were on one with a loader with dual rear wheels. You might be lucky enough to find a machine shop that will weld yours for you. Otherwise check on line for garden tractor salvage yards and see if they would have an axle. If I remember correctly they are not interchangeable from side to side. I can get you the parts numbers if you need them. 

Good luck. 

• KennyP said thank you

#5 Russell1961 OFFLINE  

Russell1961
  • 2 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted August 19, 2020 - 09:22 AM

Ok thanks, I have found one on eBay , so I’ll probably end up getting it. I knew I should have gotten me a metal lathe years ago. Thanks again for the help!!
  • Cvans said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: for free