• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Wisconjon ONLINE  

Wisconjon
  • Member No: 93414
  • 15 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted June 29, 2020 - 10:08 PM

I just saw this on Appleton, WI Craigslist. I’m not affiliated in any way with the seller. Pretty rare machine, so I thought I’d post it up in case anyone needs one to complete their Ariens/ New Holland collection. As the ad says, it’s based on the S-16.

Attached Thumbnails

• A7DB86D2-8638-40F6-9553-68B8483C552C.png

• Alc and Markski have said thanks

#2 Markski OFFLINE  

Markski
  • Member No: 62299
  • 33 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted June 29, 2020 - 11:19 PM

Interesting.  Have seen a backhoe attachment for them and a front end loader but I don't recall the trencher.  Might be worth it  ($3500) to the right person but I doubt anyone will be snatching that up real quick.  Stranger things have happened though.

#3 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 6160 Thanks
  • 4336 posts

Posted June 30, 2020 - 12:26 AM

I had a Sperry Rand New Holland S14 here for a bit that had the rear PTO and 3 point and a really heavy fabricated deck on it. They are a Decent tractor.

Found some decent pics of a t220. Metal fenders and hood are a + over the regular S16 which had a fiberglass fender pan and hood. Looks like it runs off of the Rear PTO? and the trencher lift cylinder is run off of the tractors hydro with an auxiliary control valve. 

Pretty darn cool. The New Holland S series GTs were made in Belleville, PA which is about 80 miles from me. I wonder if these were made in the same factory?

QLcPMWu.jpg DkJHYOt.jpg JIVsjyn.jpg

vSlscTm.jpg

Looks like a Right Angle gear box drives the trencher off of the Rear Pto. It would probibly be a good idea to have a couple sets of those gears on hand if you have tons of rocks like we do.

Messick's caries some parts for that machine but not many. https://www.messicks.com/nh/61638

Edited by EricFromPa, June 30, 2020 - 12:36 AM.

• Alc and Vrdaddy have said thanks

#4 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 8964 Thanks
  • 8285 posts

Posted June 30, 2020 - 05:45 AM

I can just hear it " Honest honey  , we need this new trenching tractor to plant the 10lb of potato seeds in the garden "

• EricFromPa and Vrdaddy have said thanks