Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 5045 Thanks
  • 2880 posts

Posted July 03, 2020 - 01:34 PM

Folks: I have some good news regarding information for the Bolens frame steer lawn tractors. First of all I have completed scanning my owners manual and can make it available to anyone interested. It is in PDF format but a large file--14 MB. Also, with the help of Stiga in Europe I have a Parts Diagram for the Bolens 943,944, and 966 that cross references part numbers to Stiga.  It is also in PDF format but it is a small file, less than 1 MB. Stiga also referred me to a local dealer than can get the parts I need. No need to do a worldwide search !

Can someone please advise how I can best make this information available to forum members. 

Bob

Bob, you can upload them to the Frame Steer sections of the Bolens manuals in the GTT  MANUALS forum (Tab at top of this page).

If it is easier for you, you can e-mail the files to me, and I will upload them to the GTT Manuals Library.    Lucenbruce  at msn dot com

Thanks for obtaining the info from Stiga and sharing with us!  :thumbs:

• Bolens 1000, Doug E., fredh and 1 other said thanks

#17 ArticulatingBob OFFLINE  

ArticulatingBob
  • Member No: 99862
  • 27 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted July 03, 2020 - 07:33 PM

Folks: I have uploaded two documents to share. One is an owners manual for a Bolens 944/966 as some forum members had requested, and the other is a parts diagram from Stiga that cross references parts for the Bolens units to Stiga part numbers. The owners manual is a scan of my own manual that I have had for over 25 years so it is a little ragged and marked up. Stiga parts are generally available. In Canada the parts distributor is ESF Equipment. My local dealer deals with them all the time and ordered the parts I needed. All were in stock much to my surprise. I don't know who the parts distributor is in the US, but I am sure if you email Stiga in Europe, they will provide the name as they did for me.So, to find the documents:

Manuals-Tractor/Implement-Bolens -Bolens Frame Steer. They will be on the list somewhere, I uploaded them today-July 3.

Hope this helps others.

Bob

• Bolens 1000, Bruce Dorsi, KennyP and 5 others have said thanks

#18 fredh ONLINE  

fredh
  • Member No: 89006
  • 95 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted July 04, 2020 - 11:53 AM

Bob, Thanks for all the manuals. They will be a big help. I and probably many others have been searching for these for a while. It will definitely make things a lot easier when working on my machine. Thanks again, Fred.

#19 Artic944 OFFLINE  

Artic944
  • Member No: 101368
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted October 22, 2020 - 09:44 AM

Thanks Bob,
I own the 944 model. I bought it nearly 30 years ago. It needed some repair way back and I could find any parts. It’s exciting to know I may be able to restore this beautiful mower. Sure would feel great mowing with it again!
Thanks again for your efforts in locating this information.
Dave