• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 skyepn OFFLINE  

skyepn
  • Member No: 99562
  • 1 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted June 09, 2020 - 06:04 PM

Hello, looking for a Ford LGT / IH Cub Cadet / JD 300/400 / Simplicity / etc or any heavy duty garden tractor with a front loader for moving dirt and gravel, something that has power and relatively easy to find parts.

Preferred working condition, could take on a project if it's complete, I don't want to be hunting for NLA parts. Not looking for a museum piece.

Attachments that would be nice to have: snow plow blade (quick attach to bucket or separate) or blower for deep snow, chains, weights, mower deck, tiller.

Would prefer something in the Thompson or Okanagan but open to tractors for sale in BC and Alberta.  I've got some searches set up on Kijiji but thought I'd try here too.  Got a Craftsmen II LT for mowing the acreage but after shoveling gravel by hand all last summer I think it's time for some hydraulic muscle.

Thanks

#2 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 14773 Thanks
  • 9851 posts

Posted June 10, 2020 - 07:27 AM

The good GTs with FELs are few and far between. Around here(NE CT) they come up about 6 times per year and run between $2500 and $5000 if running. At the same time an older full size tractor can be found for about the same prices. I went with the full size over 30 years ago and am glad that I did. Good Luck, Rick

• WrenchinOnIt said thank you

#3 skyepn OFFLINE  

skyepn
  • Member No: 99562
  • 1 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted June 10, 2020 - 05:12 PM

The good GTs with FELs are few and far between. Around here(NE CT) they come up about 6 times per year and run between $2500 and $5000 if running. At the same time an older full size tractor can be found for about the same prices. I went with the full size over 30 years ago and am glad that I did. Good Luck, Rick

That's what I'm finding too. There was a Ford LGT project in pieces with 4-5 attachments in Calgary last week that got snapped up, I guess I should have done a road trip!

The JD GTs are $$ and getting into compact tractor range.  There's a Case 1120 near here that I'd probably snap up if it had a FEL... will keep an eye out

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wanted, for free