#1 tddeangelo OFFLINE  

tddeangelo
  • Member No: 84646
  • 12 Thanks
  • 36 posts

Posted May 17, 2020 - 10:17 AM

Tentatively picking up a JD 1025r soon. 

I'm getting it with the FEL and MMM. 

Gonna shop used market for a rear blade for sure. 

Any suggestions on other useful items? 

I'm thinking a broadcast spreader......but this one makes me a little curious. 

I'd love to have one for spreading lawn care stuff (weed-n-feed, seed), but also for snow melt for the driveway. 

I've always had separate spreaders for those tasks (the human powered variety) so as not to potentially get snow melt chemicals in the lawn. 

I'd struggle to justify the cost of one for each job though....

Any other implements folks would consider indispensable with a SCUT?

I just built my wife some garden beds, so for the time being, a tiller isn't desired/needed. 

#2 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 8937 Thanks
  • 8272 posts

Posted May 17, 2020 - 11:08 AM

I bought a BXpanded Piranha Toothbar for my BX23 , it helped going into dirt piles that were sitting , also soft soil   https://www.bxpanded...iranha-toothbar

#3 Kurtee OFFLINE  

Kurtee

• Member No: 7561
  • 652 Thanks
  • 498 posts

Posted May 23, 2020 - 08:30 AM

3rd function hydraulics with a grapple is a God send. Do not let your wife use it or you may not get it back. :rolling:  :dancingbanana:  :wave:

lots of people get pallet forks for these. Titan offers a JD to SSQA adaptor and then you can get skid steer attachments to fit of which they have a lighter weight pallet fork that is longer than JD. Just remember to ballast the rear end. The easiest way to ballast is to get the Imatch 3 pt adaptor and a ballast box to fill with whatever you have. The ballast box is easily dropped to mow and goes back on fast. Keep the wheels on the ground so as not to make headlines. These tractors (orange or green) are pretty light so easily tipped with a loader to high. 

Edited by Kurtee, May 23, 2020 - 08:38 AM.

#4 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 8937 Thanks
  • 8272 posts

Posted May 25, 2020 - 05:47 AM

Using the Kubota yesterday made me think of saying how handy a tool bag/box is on a tractor .Besides keeping 2 small slings in a bag I keep work gloves , adjustable wrench 2 clevis pins , hand pruners extra snap pins . I plan on a little bigger bag soon . I picked up a set of Titian bolt-on bucket forks but only used them once so can't say if I would recommend them though at around $100 for the pair it's hard to complaine 

• 4getgto said thank you