• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cwrandolph OFFLINE  

cwrandolph
  • Member No: 60451
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted May 11, 2020 - 06:24 PM

I'm not sure if you'll ever find another Gilson rear discharge deck in this condition. When I got the deck it was solid and needed only a few weld repairs. The metal baffles under the deck were reconstructed exactly as the original ones. The deck was then wire brushed and sand blasted as needed to clean it up for paint. After two coats of enamel paint, 3 new blades were installed along with a new belt. All three spindles are in good shape - they turn easily and smoothly with no sloppiness and have been greased regularly. After the refurbishment, I used it most of last summer on my 3/4 acre lawn with absolutely no problems. I'm sure that it has less than 20 hours on it since the rebuild. In the fall I sold my Gilson tractor (see picture). I sold it with a side discharge deck so now I have no use for this rear discharge deck. I will include a (lousy) copy of the owners manual for the deck that I found online. Due to the variation of Gilson tractors through the years, you may have to come up with a different guard support for your tractor (made of 3/8" rod - see last picture)
Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for looking! $255 OBO

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_6886.jpg
  • IMG_6884.jpg
  • IMG_6885.jpg
  • IMG_6887.jpg
  • IMG_6903.jpg
  • IMG_6904.jpg
  • Guard Support.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: For Sale, for free