5 replies to this topic

#1 JohnOlsson OFFLINE  

JohnOlsson
  • Member No: 97838
  • 1 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted March 06, 2020 - 04:58 AM

Greetings from Sweden!

I encounterd some problems with the hydraulicpump and ended up taking out the pump wheel as a solution. I´m gonna mount a new pump in the front eventually.

When I tried to use the tractor after removing the pump it came about 10 meters and then stopped. It won´t go forward or backwards. Does the hydrostatic transmission depend on the hydraulic flow from the pump? I figured since the driftshaft goes through the pump and into the transmission it didn´t.

Thank you for your help!

20200305_181043.jpg

20200305_181037.jpg

20200304_194023.jpg

• Banjopicker10 said thank you

#2 Banjopicker10 OFFLINE  

Banjopicker10
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 95950
  • 524 Thanks
  • 317 posts

Posted March 06, 2020 - 08:31 AM

Welcome to the forum can't help you with a hydro all I've ever done is manual stuff.

• JohnOlsson said thank you

#3 Mudrig150 OFFLINE  

Mudrig150
  • Member No: 91850
  • 468 Thanks
  • 463 posts

Posted March 06, 2020 - 08:38 AM

Hydros depend on the flow of fluid into the pump to supply pressure. If there's no fluid or there's no flow of fluid it won't move after the fluid drains out of the pump. Usually hydros have a small amount of leakdown from the piston pumps into the casings, which in turn drain into the reservoir.

If any hydro problems occur, first order of business is replacing the filter and fluid, then you check the driveshaft to charge pump connection, then you check relief valves.

Not much experience myself but you should be able to find the issue, hydros aren't as complicated as people make them out to be.

• JohnOlsson said thank you

#4 101 senior OFFLINE  

101 senior

• Member No: 1393
  • 493 Thanks
  • 537 posts

Posted March 06, 2020 - 08:32 PM

just a wild thought, did you bump the hibh low shift w/o knowing you did

#5 secondtry OFFLINE  

secondtry
  • Member No: 83632
  • 4388 Thanks
  • 2683 posts

Posted March 06, 2020 - 09:11 PM

Can't be much help with the hydro but can direct you to our manuals section. Third tab fro the left at the top of this page. Click on the manuals tab, on the resulting page you can click on "tractors /implements". Or if you know the make and model of the transmission you could try clicking "Transmission Manuals". As a new member you are allowed 3 free downloads per day. Choose your download carefully and three will keep you entertained for a day. The more information or pictures you post the more likely you are to get a positive result.  Good luck    Don

Need pic help? Try this!

#6 JohnOlsson OFFLINE  

JohnOlsson
  • Member No: 97838
  • 1 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted March 08, 2020 - 03:44 PM

Thank you for your replies!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hydrostatic, gilson, hydraulicpump