• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 coxhaus OFFLINE  

coxhaus
  • Member No: 88903
  • 309 Thanks
  • 254 posts

Posted April 05, 2020 - 03:38 PM

I was a computer network guy in real life, mainly Cisco. I have been retired 12 years so some things have changed but I understand the concepts. I have wireless all over my large house using 2 Cisco small business wireless WAP581 wireless APs.  I have a lot of network info structure in my house.  I use a layer 3 switch feeding a router with a couple of other switches one being a POE switch running my wireless APs all Cisco small business.  Everything in my house networking wise runs real well and is Cisco small business gear..  I find a lot of used Cisco gear cheap and fix it up.  Cisco enterprise level gear is too expensive for home use.

• MNGB and chieffan have said thanks

#32 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 15109 Thanks
  • 8663 posts

Posted April 06, 2020 - 11:36 PM

I picked up a 256 GB flash drive bu SanDisc for $25 new on the card...Should work good to have them all in the shop and at the same time ring it in the house for new ones to be added..

• KennyP and MNGB have said thanks

#33 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 15109 Thanks
  • 8663 posts

Posted April 12, 2020 - 10:21 AM

So what is all this extra stuff with W10  file manager or what ever it's called?  I get Quick Access at the top, which I have never used or know what it is for or about other than taking up space to make the print smaller.  Then it shows 'This PC' with a bunch of folders, etc. and finally it gets to 'Drive C' which is where I wanted to go in the first place.  Trying to get files moved from a camera, which show up under 'Drive C' but cannot get the files and the location in C to show up at the same time to move them. :wallbanging:

I think I complained about this before but still haven't really figured an easy way to do this, or maybe there isn't one with W 10.  I spend about 15 min every time i want to move pictures from the camera to a folder under 'C'.  Guess I will have to start using a flash drive and try moving the files to it, then from the flash drive to the folder in 'C'.  Did I mention I hate W 10 more every time I try to do something with it. :mad2:

Forgot to mention that I did a search on How to transfer photos from camera to C drive folder.  Followed a ways, got the camera recognized but then what they were describing was completely different from what was showing up on my screen.  This used to be a simple task in W7.  Why did they have to screw it up?

Edited by chieffan, April 12, 2020 - 11:52 AM.

• MNGB said thank you

#34 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 15109 Thanks
  • 8663 posts

Posted April 12, 2020 - 03:16 PM

I found the big part of the problem is how W 10 is built.  They think that everybody wants every picture, video, or anything that resembles either should be put in one folder, photos, or in some cases pictures depending on what version of W10 you have.  The instruction all say to right click on the camera and select import photos.  Well guess what, my version does not have a choice to "import photos" so have to do a work around of some kind.  Have done it a couple times bu have no idea how I got it done and am sure it wasn't the same way every time.  When my  old data was transferred from 7 to 10 all of our pictures got put in a big bunch of folders under photos.  At least 1200 to1500 pictures and all identified by numbers only.  Numbers that don't mean a darn thing when it come to identifying the photos.  Thanks a bunch MS and W 10.