• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 rgrinder OFFLINE  

rgrinder
  • Member No: 97316
  • 22 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted January 07, 2020 - 03:29 PM

And me, rgrinder. I'm in west Kearns. Good to know that there are a few who also live around here.

#17 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 2300 Thanks
  • 2001 posts

Posted January 07, 2020 - 07:41 PM

And me, rgrinder. I'm in west Kearns. Good to know that there are a few who also live around here.

Welcome!

Well have to get together some time. There's also a guy up in Willard--Shawn, that has several GTs in various stages of repair. I've given him the link to the site here, but I don't think he's signed up.

So, what machines do you have?

Smitty
  • Sawdust said thank you

#18 esbbent ONLINE  

esbbent

• Member No: 1183
  • 512 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted January 07, 2020 - 10:11 PM

I'm in Roy just off I-15 and 5600 South.

There's a couple other Utahns on GTT--Nelson Bent (nbent) is up in Cache Valley, and Ryan Page (Pager450) in Bountiful.

Smitty

Smitty, fyi nbent is my son and he lives in Boise now. Did he get the Case 195 from you?

• KennyP said thank you

#19 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2300 Thanks
  • 2001 posts

Posted January 07, 2020 - 11:58 PM

Smitty, fyi nbent is my son and he lives in Boise now. Did he get the Case 195 from you?

Yes, he did. I hope he was able to put it to good use.  It is a classic machine. 

I bought a 444 Case a year or so after I sold that one to him. I put a 3 point hitch on it and used it to plow a large garden area on some friend's property, and on my new property in Roy.  I liked the high ground clearance those big wheels give, but it was a little hard for me to get on since it's the older short frame model.

I sold it this last year, after having bought another 444 a few months previous.  It has the hydraulic PTO, a tiller, mower, and 3 point hitch as well, but the engine is in pieces.  Soon as I get my shop finished I'm going to repower it, and my Bolens HT23.

Anyway... sorry for rambling.  Good to hear from you.  Say hi to Nelson for me.

Smitty

Edited by Utah Smitty, January 08, 2020 - 12:00 AM.

• KennyP and Sawdust have said thanks

#20 esbbent ONLINE  

esbbent

• 512 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted January 08, 2020 - 07:58 AM

Smitty, The 195 I have at my house now. Due to Nelson going to school he didn't have room for the tractor. I redid the tractor last year. I will get picture posted later today. I will tell him you said hi. Ted
  • Utah Smitty and Sawdust have said thanks

#21 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 6794 Thanks
  • 3799 posts

Posted January 08, 2020 - 09:23 AM

This post sneaked by me some how. Good to hear your getting settled in. We recently moved about five years ago after being at the previous place for 32 years. We found stuff we forgot we had. Your shop sounds amazing to have that much room. The story about getting your Bolens back was a good one. Don't get overwhelmed & stressed. We do every now & then. We have so much we want to do versus what we need to do. Keep us posted on your plans & progress.
  • Utah Smitty said thank you

#22 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2300 Thanks
  • 2001 posts

Posted January 08, 2020 - 09:55 AM

Smitty, The 195 I have at my house now. Due to Nelson going to school he didn't have room for the tractor. I redid the tractor last year. I will get picture posted later today. I will tell him you said hi. Ted

I remember now that he said he was going to ship it to you. I'm glad you went through it.

Smitty

#23 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2300 Thanks
  • 2001 posts

Posted January 08, 2020 - 10:03 AM

This post sneaked by me some how. Good to hear your getting settled in. We recently moved about five years ago after being at the previous place for 32 years. We found stuff we forgot we had. Your shop sounds amazing to have that much room. The story about getting your Bolens back was a good one. Don't get overwhelmed & stressed. We do every now & then. We have so much we want to do versus what we need to do. Keep us posted on your plans & progress.

As long as I can remember I've wanted a place with a little land so I could put in a garden, have room for a big shop, and have a place for the grandkids to come play.

My oldest son and his family live with us and he has 3 boys--the oldest is almost 6. They are a lot of fun to have around. The oldest loves to go work with Grandpa, and they all love to ride on my tractors.

The rest of my grandkids are teenagers and are preoccupied with other things.

Smitty
  • KennyP and Sawdust have said thanks

#24 rgrinder OFFLINE  

rgrinder
  • Member No: 97316
  • 22 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted January 08, 2020 - 06:28 PM

I only have the one Gilson it's enough for now with all the automotive projects I have that I need to get done.

As far as meeting up, that will have to be seen, I work nites and take care of my wife when I'm home, she had a stroke just over 4 years ago, it doesn't leave much time for a lot of other things  kinda like having 2 full time jobs. I will keep it in mind, maybe if mama gets feeling better we can take a trip.

I will say that I have tried several other forums and I have to say that you all are the nicest most friendly group, it's refreshing to post and not have to worry that someone got their feel bads hurt over something stupid, I spent a bit of time reading posts here before I joined and came away impressed, thanks for the environment and the acceptance!!

Robert

• KennyP, Utah Smitty and AllisKidD21 have said thanks

#25 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2300 Thanks
  • 2001 posts

Posted January 08, 2020 - 07:05 PM

Sorry to hear about your wife... That has to be a rough row to hoe.

My wife's a semi-invalid... She can get around, but needs a walker outside the house... I'm hoping she won't get to the point where she needs care 24/7.

As far as getting together, it could just be a visit to your place to say hi and put a name with a face, and talk about tractors, etc.

This is a friendly forum... Not any big egos that need to be massaged, etc. And a wealth of knowledge to boot.

Smitty
  • KennyP said thank you

#26 esbbent ONLINE  

esbbent

• 512 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted January 08, 2020 - 10:58 PM

I was not able to find any before pictures of the 195 but here are a couple of after pictures. IMG_20180708_122415655.jpg And after building a front blade frame and mounting a front blade. IMG_20190512_160334974.jpg

• KennyP and Utah Smitty have said thanks

#27 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2300 Thanks
  • 2001 posts

Posted January 08, 2020 - 11:28 PM

I was not able to find any before pictures of the 195 but here are a couple of after pictures. attachicon.gifIMG_20180708_122415655.jpg And after building a front blade frame and mounting a front blade. attachicon.gifIMG_20190512_160334974.jpg

Oh, that's sweet!!  You've done a good job with her... I'm glad she got a new lease on life!

Smitty

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new home, shop, case 444, mtd, kubota, zero turn, mahindra, case 380c