Snow blades in Pa are common as anything. $50-75 here

#17 fordguy2018 OFFLINE  

fordguy2018
  • Member No: 95226
  • 4 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted July 23, 2019 - 11:29 AM

Seems a bit high for this tractor. 

I am undergoing a restoration of a B-10 currently. Found my unit for $350 or so, and it came with the mower deck. 

I would keep looking. I see several of these posted from time to time.

Hard parts to find are the gas tank, points covers and seats. I had new seats custom made from a nice woman in the Midwest.

Good luck!

#18 Dee ONLINE  

Dee

• Member No: 1853
  • 570 Thanks
  • 276 posts

Posted July 24, 2019 - 02:39 PM

Snow blades in Pa are common as anything. $50-75 here

I would love to see an ad for a Simplicity/Allis Chalmers, 46-in,  angling, spring-back, snow blade with all connecting rods, for that price.

#19 oldiron OFFLINE  

oldiron
  • Member No: 28750
  • 151 Thanks
  • 159 posts

Posted November 25, 2019 - 11:33 AM

Big Ten - with hydro lift in decent condition - $750-$800
Headlights don't seem to matter and original headlight parts don't sell separately either.
Wheel weights $100
Chains $20
Deck $250
Disk $150
Snow Blade $200-$250 for a complete one with all the control rods.
Moldboard Plow $150
Spring Harrow $50 if you can find anyone who wants one.
V plow $75

Sleeve Hitch itself, $75

This time of year around here, it likely wouldn't even sell, Tractors only seem to sell in the early spring here and no way would it sell as a package deal unless you darn near gave it away. Every one of those things I've sold has been to someone who drove from far away to buy it.

I sold a bare Big Ten last spring here, with a deck, and no other attachments. It needed a battery, and it had the wrong fuel tank. It would run but it needed the carb cleaned and lots of TLC to say the least. The seat was trashed, someone had some old boat cushions on it for padding. It brought $650 after being listed for almost a year.

I sold a double disc set for $400 a couple of years ago but one I had listed over the summer sat without interest at $300 all summer and still didn't sell at $150. I sent it to a friends place to sell and it sold for $400 cash in an hour on the lawn.

Snow plows are hard to find in good shape and with all the parts to make them work. I've bought them for as little as $75 without any of the rods and seen them as high as $350 complete. (Yellow one's bring more than red one's).

(Snow Blowers sell faster here than plows, but personally I found those old single stage blowers about worthless on the wet type of snow we get around here). Snow blowers and snow plows only seem to sell here though when its snowing.

A nice set of ag tires on the back of one of those helps it sell a lot faster, so does a shiny new paint job. It seems most will overlook mechanical issues if its clean and shiny. For me, a clean well kept machine is a far better find.

With all this in mind, I'd expect to get somewhere between $1200 and $1500 for that package around here but it would likely sit for sale for a while before finding the right buyer.

#20 oldiron OFFLINE  

oldiron
  • Member No: 28750
  • 151 Thanks
  • 159 posts

Posted November 25, 2019 - 11:37 AM

I would love to see an ad for a Simplicity/Allis Chalmers, 46-in,  angling, spring-back, snow blade with all connecting rods, for that price.

Same here, the later style spring back and angle blade plows for Simplicity/AC machines are hard to come by around here, and when they do turn up they want $300+ for them. More if they're in really nice shape.

The older fixed blades sell cheaper but they tend to be more advertised as a dozer blade than a snow plow around here.

• Dee said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: big 10, allis chalmers, for sale, questions, price, help