• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Timbo-Ice OFFLINE  

Timbo-Ice
  • Member No: 93970
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted May 01, 2019 - 05:21 PM

i have a chance to purchase the hb 112 & hb 212. both have mower decks and a snowblower attachment for the 212. unsure if they run (the whole "i was told they do"). but he is asking 700 for the lot and i need to know if they are a quality machine and would i be able to make my money back off the 112 with deck after i get it running. i need to know soon so i can pull the trigger n get them. my gut is saying to do it but i need more info on them before doing so. thank you in advanced for any help or info

#2 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 8512 Thanks
  • 5931 posts

Posted May 02, 2019 - 07:20 AM

i have a chance to purchase the hb 112 & hb 212. both have mower decks and a snowblower attachment for the 212. unsure if they run (the whole "i was told they do"). but he is asking 700 for the lot and i need to know if they are a quality machine and would i be able to make my money back off the 112 with deck after i get it running. i need to know soon so i can pull the trigger n get them. my gut is saying to do it but i need more info on them before doing so. thank you in advanced for any help or info

I can't say the value for your area, not running would probably bring about 200-250 per tractor in my area.

I believe the HB112 is actually more desirable than the 212, not as many made.

I have a HB212, hopefully one day I can get it out of barn where it's been since 1990 with a blown motor and get it running again.

#3 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 14729 Thanks
  • 9836 posts

Posted May 02, 2019 - 07:26 AM

I assume that you are talking about Allis Chalmers GTs from around 1970. They were very good machines with a lot of attachments available. I can not speculate on the value of your deal because condition is everything. Two points of reference for you. I bought a running Simplicity 3310(essentially to same machine) with poor condition deck, electric lift, and snow plow for $200 3 years ago. I gave it a cleaning and tuneup and have been using it since. The market for old GTs seems to have slumped, at least in CT.

To evaluate the condition of the tractors go to Zippo Varga's Youtube channel where he has a series of videos that show how to evaluate Allis Chalmers and Simplicity tractors. Good Luck, Rick

Edited by boyscout862, May 02, 2019 - 07:27 AM.

#4 sharkman OFFLINE  

sharkman
  • Member No: 34759
  • 535 Thanks
  • 437 posts

Posted May 02, 2019 - 07:35 AM

+1 on Zippo, a lot of good video on the old Simplicity/ AC.  And +1 on the tractor Slump.  Seem at times you can't even given then away

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hb 112, hb 212, allis chalmers, mower deck, yard tractor, snow blower