• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 49320 Thanks
  • 51850 posts

Posted February 25, 2020 - 06:31 AM

Morning Folks! 38F (3C) and some clouds to start the day.  More clouds and 46F (8C) with the possibility of rain late.

• oldedeeres and 29 Chev have said thanks

#12902 29 Chev OFFLINE  

29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 18801 Thanks
  • 6333 posts

Posted February 25, 2020 - 09:10 AM

Greetings - it is 31°F and the sunshine is still with us.  The wind is quite calm so I spent an hour outside watching the birds and suirrels do their thing as the sun came up.  Looks like we will see a high of 36° and then we go back to winter with a "Special Weather Statement" about a Texas low that is coming our way and going to bring us snow and colder temps.  Today the weather gauge actually shows the barometer is rising - beginning to think it was broken.  It was a nice taste of spring while it lasted.

• KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#12903 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 14017 Thanks
  • 6478 posts

Posted February 25, 2020 - 11:51 AM

Clouds moved in late yesterday and dropped 2" of fluffy white stuff overnight.  Overcast at dawn and -15C., still cloudy and up to -10C. now.  I sure hope the wind stays down, there's enough fluff out there to make highway driving interesting. My broom and I will be dealing with the paths in the yard soon.

• KennyP and 29 Chev have said thanks

#12904 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 49320 Thanks
  • 51850 posts

Posted February 26, 2020 - 04:48 AM

Morning! Gusty Northerly winds and 35F (2C) right now. Partly cloudy and 41F (5C) with NNW winds gusting 15-25 MPH+ will make the shop fire feel real nice!

• Alc and 29 Chev have said thanks

#12905 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 8964 Thanks
  • 8285 posts

Posted February 26, 2020 - 06:49 AM

Morning everyone !  We have seem to be very lucky this winter for the most part , when the temps are low it's been dry and the last few days rain but between 40-50*f   , that's fine with me . I don't care much for driving in bad weather and spending time clearing snow & ice .

#12906 29 Chev OFFLINE  

29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• Contributor
  • 18801 Thanks
  • 6333 posts

Posted February 26, 2020 - 07:21 AM

Good day - it is 27°F with a nasty North East wind that has a bite.  The guessers say snow (chance of up to 8") for the next three days and cooling off as the days progress - also going to be windy.  We are a blotch of red on the enviroment Canada site map - looks like spring is on hold for a while yet.  The snow will come in handy looking for ground hog tracks if the wind doesn't blow too hard.  

• KennyP said thank you

#12907 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 49320 Thanks
  • 51850 posts

Posted February 27, 2020 - 05:28 AM

Morning Folks! 27F (-3C) at this hour. Sunny this morning with clouds moving in later. That will allow it to warm to 56F (13C) with gusty SW winds at 10-20 MPH.

• 29 Chev said thank you

#12908 29 Chev OFFLINE  

29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• Contributor
  • 18801 Thanks
  • 6333 posts

Posted February 27, 2020 - 11:22 AM

Good day - it is 21°F and the wind is howing out of the West with some snow coming off the Lake - guess it is what they call blustery.  We are a big red blotch on Environment Canada's  weather map with a snow squall warning - here is the text from the site -

"Lake effect snow squalls giving blizzard-like conditions this afternoon through Saturday.

Snow squalls are expected to become organized off Lake Huron this afternoon. A couple of these snow squalls are likely to intensify taking heavy snow and blowing snow well inland of Lake Huron.

Snowfall rates under the most intense bands may reach or exceed 5 centimetres per hour at times. Some areas may see snowfall amounts in excess of 40 cm by Friday morning.

Very strong northwest to west winds gusting to 70 km/h will combine with the snow to generate near zero visibility at times.

While the snow squalls will shift slowly with time, this snow squall event is expected to last until Saturday morning.

Travel will become nearly impossible at times. Motorists are strongly advised to change their travel plans accordingly.
Visibility will be suddenly reduced to near zero at times in heavy snow and blowing snow. Rapidly accumulating snow will make travel difficult."

The condensed version would read - "Typical Brice County winters day - don't like the weather - wait 5 minutes".

Got the snow removed that the Snow Fairy donated late yesterday and last night and Mr. Wind piled up in most spots to about 12" deep but it took a little longer than normal.  

Looks like I will be stuck at home for a few days and busy blowing snow until Saturday or Sunday - come on Spring.

#12909 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 49320 Thanks
  • 51850 posts

Posted February 28, 2020 - 05:29 AM

Morning All! It's 35F (2C) under clear skies right now. Gusty W winds and sunny skies will let it warm to 63F (17C) this afternoon.

#12910 29 Chev OFFLINE  

29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• Contributor
  • 18801 Thanks
  • 6333 posts

Posted February 28, 2020 - 08:33 AM

Good moring - it is 20°F and the wind still howls out of the West.  Still under a blizzard warning by Enviroment Canada and the Highway is closed.  Looks like more snow is forecast for today and tomorrow and we may see a high of 22°.  The guessers say the wind should drop a bit around midnight which would be good as it does like to pile up the snow - had to wade through a 12" drift to get to the bird feeder this morning.  Took care of the drift and took a slice off the one side of the laneway with the blower so all in all a good start to this Bruce County day.

#12911 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • 14017 Thanks
  • 6478 posts

Posted February 28, 2020 - 07:51 PM

The day started out at -16C. with a fog so thick the dog couldn't see the end of his nose. By the time I was on my second cup of coffee the sun had broken through, the fog lifted completely and I made my usual pilgrimage to town.  It hit +7C. by the time I got back home at 3:00p.m.

#12912 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 49320 Thanks
  • 51850 posts

Posted February 29, 2020 - 05:04 AM

Morning! It's 37F (3C) on the porch. Looking for a toasty 70F (21C) under sunny skies with SSE winds.

#12913 29 Chev OFFLINE  

29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• Contributor
  • 18801 Thanks
  • 6333 posts

Posted February 29, 2020 - 09:57 AM

Greetings - it is 18°F and the wind has finally dropped a bit.  No longer under a blizzard warning but still under a snow squall warning.  Got snow last night - hard to tell how much since the wind made areas that were 12" - 14" deep, there was about 4" in some spots and bare ground showing in other spots.  Apparently that nice weather and sunshine we got last weekend came with a price tage and we may still be paying for it today as there are streamers of snow still going through with the wind coming out of the North West.  The highway is still closed and may not open for a while yet as I imagine in some spots it is badly drifted and will require multiple passes to make it two lanes again based on past experience.  Could be worse and instead of the last day of February it could be the last day of November with this "fun" just starting.  Looked to see if there were any groundhog tracks but apparently he is either hibernating or vacationing somewhere warm - just can't believe some weather guessers.   Three weeks until spring by the calendar and looks like things should go above freezing during the day starting tomorrow. :thumbs:  

Edited by 29 Chev, February 29, 2020 - 09:58 AM.

#12914 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • 14017 Thanks
  • 6478 posts

Posted February 29, 2020 - 12:04 PM

Good morning!  Does anyone else remember the cartoonist Al Capp of "L'il Abner" fame? He originated Sadie Hawkins Day, when the unmarried ladies of the area could, without shame, chase, catch and marry the bachelors, but only on Feb. 29. Was a big deal back in the late fourties and the fifties, never hear of it now. Women's Lib seems to have ended all that, lol.  anyhow, this Sadie Hawkins Day dawned cloudy and -8C., up to -2C. now and promises to warm even more as the day progresses

#12915 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 49320 Thanks
  • 51850 posts

Posted March 01, 2020 - 05:01 AM

Morning Folks! 57F (14C) at this hour. Cloudy early with gusty South winds and 70F (21C) today!