Garden Tractor Forums banner

Montgomery Wards Tractor TMO 33905

Tags
questions
1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Sprint 6 
#1 ·
Good Morning all,

New to the forum. Just picked up this Wards tractor with a 40" snow blower attachment. I have a few questions. Can anybody help with a manual for the engine? 12HP Cast Iron. Also how much current does the starter / Generator produce? I'd like to mount a pair of 100W lights to the blower. Thanks in advance

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Managed to find a manual for the engine. It's a modern version but basically the same. Don't know why I had in my head the starter / generator thing. I see it's just a magneto, but still don't know how much current a magneto will produce. LED lights would indeed use less power but I already have the 100W lights out in my garage. Thanks

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
You can use the engine Model and Type code to decode what type of charging system the engine has, which will tell the amps. Likely not enough amps to run 100W incandescent bulbs, you'd need 16 amps at minimum just to run lights, with nothing left to charge the battery. I know you have the lights already, but you'll have to go LED if you want them bright and the battery charged.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.