Posted November 10, 2019 - 03:43 PM

• Alc, KennyP and 4getgto have said thanks

#32 SOHC OFFLINE  

SOHC
  • Member No: 88731
  • 103 Thanks
  • 55 posts

Posted November 10, 2019 - 03:47 PM

Here is the user manual and instruction manual I often get asked for. its for the MB1400 but its mostly the same and I used it for the rebuild of my engine, it has lots of good information. 

Attached Files

• Alc, KennyP, Cvans and 1 other said thanks

#33 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 2281 Thanks
  • 1992 posts

Posted November 10, 2019 - 07:47 PM

I am in Newzealand witch is about 90% farm, small tractors are worth a lot of money here as the people in the smaller Pacific islands want them, I can 100% say there are no parts in Newzealand, everything I have ever owned I have had to get them from overseas, 

I got the engine turning over last night but the exhaust valve was still a bit sticky, the sparkplug was so tight and when I got it turning it was cross threaded by the last owner, I will put a Hellicoil in it and I am going to remove the head as I think I need to clean and hone the bore and check that exhaust valve and seat, but I cannot find a head gasket, my wife is japanese ans she had a look on the net in Japan but sed its long obsolete.

That's a cool old tractor. It reminds me of the engines on the two wheel DaeDong and Yanmar tractors I saw while I was in Korea.

I don't know if this will work for the head gasket on this engine, but when I pulled the head off the old Briggs or Kohler flatheads, and didn't have a new head gasket handy, I'd spray it down with aluminum paint on both sides, let it dry, then install it.  Never had a problem with them.

Aluminum paint has aluminum metal in it, and apparently there's enough to make it work as a gasket.  It just might work for you.

Smitty

• SOHC said thank you

#34 SOHC OFFLINE  

SOHC
  • 103 Thanks
  • 55 posts

Posted November 10, 2019 - 10:00 PM

That's a cool old tractor. It reminds me of the engines on the two wheel DaeDong and Yanmar tractors I saw while I was in Korea.

I don't know if this will work for the head gasket on this engine, but when I pulled the head off the old Briggs or Kohler flatheads, and didn't have a new head gasket handy, I'd spray it down with aluminum paint on both sides, let it dry, then install it.  Never had a problem with them.

Aluminum paint has aluminum metal in it, and apparently there's enough to make it work as a gasket.  It just might work for you.

Smitty

I used head gasket spray on the old gasket in the end with good results, I saw a guy with an old Indian 741B who was using silver spraypaint and no headgasket at all 

• Utah Smitty and 4getgto have said thanks

#35 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 2281 Thanks
  • 1992 posts

Posted November 10, 2019 - 11:39 PM

I used head gasket spray on the old gasket in the end with good results, I saw a guy with an old Indian 741B who was using silver spraypaint and no headgasket at all 

What is the horsepower of the engine, do you know?

Smitty

#36 SOHC OFFLINE  

SOHC
  • 103 Thanks
  • 55 posts

Posted November 11, 2019 - 01:43 AM

What is the horsepower of the engine, do you know?

Smitty

17 HP

• 4getgto said thank you

#37 danhenry OFFLINE  

danhenry
  • Member No: 96696
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted November 11, 2019 - 04:31 PM

Recently i was wondering about the fuel for such engines. Would it run on ethanol? What could one use to substitute the kerosene or petrol kerosene mix? Would a mix of biodiesel and ethanol work?!!. Might be handy considering you can makre those two easily on your farm whilst biokerosene isnt so easy to make. Plus kerosene isnt cheap here anymore not to mention harder to find. Any thoughts folks?

#38 SOHC OFFLINE  

SOHC
  • 103 Thanks
  • 55 posts

Posted November 12, 2019 - 11:28 PM

Recently i was wondering about the fuel for such engines. Would it run on ethanol? What could one use to substitute the kerosene or petrol kerosene mix? Would a mix of biodiesel and ethanol work?!!. Might be handy considering you can makre those two easily on your farm whilst biokerosene isnt so easy to make. Plus kerosene isnt cheap here anymore not to mention harder to find. Any thoughts folks?

I dont think it would run on ethanol with out changing the carburetor jets to much bigger ones, and you would need to drain the tank and dry the carb out thoroughly after each time you used it as that crap would cause major corrosion. it runs very well on 91 octane,  

ethanol is hard on rings and cast iron cylinders and it will destroy 2 strokes

• 4getgto said thank you

#39 danhenry OFFLINE  

danhenry
  • Member No: 96696
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted November 13, 2019 - 01:40 PM

The cleaning part isnt an issue i think. Its only 15 litres afterall. The part about jets though could be the tricky part and corrosion. So if i can get the mix to 91 octane then it could be possible? In theory?

#40 SOHC OFFLINE  

SOHC
  • 103 Thanks
  • 55 posts

Posted January 11, 2020 - 03:57 AM

I must remember to keep the small petrol tank full, I forgot and it ran dry and it makes cold starts very hard

• KennyP and 4getgto have said thanks

#41 SOHC OFFLINE  

SOHC
  • 103 Thanks
  • 55 posts

Posted January 12, 2020 - 03:55 AM

I gave the Triplex84 tractor I had to a guy down the road but I sold the rebuilt Kohler K301 motor and gave him a K341 for it, I towed it to his place with a sack barrow under the front axle behind the Hinomoto witch was harder than it sounds.  

• KennyP said thank you

#42 nkaust ONLINE  

nkaust

Deere Hunter

• Member No: 6766
  • 233 Thanks
  • 219 posts

Posted January 12, 2020 - 09:10 AM

thats cool man. there is company's here that sell those off brand tractors like that. that's the biggest downfall is there is no parts for them.