19 replies to this topic

#16 pappysMF OFFLINE  

pappysMF
  • Member No: 78534
  • 131 Thanks
  • 113 posts

Posted May 07, 2018 - 05:45 PM

Hello,

The suggestion above to check the belt is a good one, especially since there is a tensioner pulley which is attached to the clutch pedal ( left hand side ) and the Parking Brake ( Knob on the right side of tunnel ) If the Knob is back toward the seat, the tensioner pulley is being held away from the belt and the hydro pump may not be spinning.

****I am in the process of removing all of the tunnel metal now to get a better view. The parking brake knob is loose and not connected to anything.

EDIT:.To remove the parking brake, push down on the clutch pedal, and lift the Knob and move it toward the front of the tractor..

****The right side foot pedal does have a locking lever on it that holds the lever down when the lever is engaged.

You mention "looking in the resevoir" - these tractors had two styles, one WITH a hydro reservoir under the seat, and one with a hook shaped "dipstick" affair under the left running board and near the left wheel - also close to the free-wheeling valve, which is usually "T" shaped.

*****This tractor does have the tank under the seat and I topped it off according to the fluid level sticker on the tank.

If the tractor has the "dipstick" you will need to remove that and try to add fluid there.

If you have the reservoir and it has oil in it......I would still be inclined to investigate and ensure there was no obstruction between the upper reservoir and the lower holding tank.

*****I can see where somebody had that line off because when they put it back on they used a newer style hose clamp on it. Should I remove that to confirm free fluid flow?

Let us know how it goes.

*****Thank you very much for the help, I will let you know what I find.

Edited by pappysMF, May 07, 2018 - 06:06 PM.

• propane1 and chieffan have said thanks

#17 pappysMF OFFLINE  

pappysMF
  • 131 Thanks
  • 113 posts

Posted May 07, 2018 - 05:47 PM

...To remove the parking brake, push down on the clutch pedal, and lift the Knob and move it toward the front of the tractor.

And now having watched the video ........
It appears the hydro is "jerking" to a stop.  While I don't hear the motor really loading down, it does make me wonder if the final drive in the axle is damaged or rusted in some way while the hydro system is Ok.

. I wasn’t sure if that video was viewable, I couldn’t watch it on my iPad. It feels like it is really trying to move but it’s almost like there is a chain tied to a tree holding it back.
  • chieffan said thank you

#18 pappysMF OFFLINE  

pappysMF
  • 131 Thanks
  • 113 posts

Posted May 07, 2018 - 06:39 PM

IT MOVES!!!!! I guess a little bit of a temper pays off. While I had the drives jacked up off the ground I hammered the hydro lever a few times and it now drives in both forward and reverse. Also, the bypass t handle must be in the horizontal position to drive.

Thank you everybody for your help!! My mad is now glad!!
  • DMAX, propane1 and chieffan have said thanks

#19 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 16701 Thanks
  • 9123 posts

Posted May 07, 2018 - 07:13 PM

Glad you got it fixed.  Wish all problems were this easy to fix.

• propane1 and pappysMF have said thanks

#20 pappysMF OFFLINE  

pappysMF
  • 131 Thanks
  • 113 posts

Posted May 07, 2018 - 07:17 PM

ME TOO!!!
  • propane1 said thank you