• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 valleyvfdfirefighter OFFLINE  

valleyvfdfirefighter
  • Member No: 67814
  • 1 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted April 23, 2018 - 05:03 PM

Have an HT20 and the hydro suddenly stopped working while mowing a couple years ago. Inspection showed the gyro gear pin had broke. Ordered new gyro gears and a pin, put it back together and tried to prime the pump. Unfortunately, I still have nothing. No pressure and no implement lift or anything.

Can anyone help me with this. It's been sitting way to long and I would love to use it again.

Edited by valleyvfdfirefighter, April 23, 2018 - 09:38 PM.

• bprzyw said thank you

#2 logmillingman ONLINE  

logmillingman
  • Member No: 68213
  • 2166 Thanks
  • 896 posts

Posted April 23, 2018 - 07:51 PM

Some one should be by shortly that can help you with this, good luck with your project. :wave:

• bprzyw said thank you

#3 firedudetl1 OFFLINE  

firedudetl1
  • Member No: 85281
  • 730 Thanks
  • 456 posts

Posted April 23, 2018 - 09:15 PM

knowing nothing about the hydro or how you access inside, I know Harbor Freight has a telescoping magnetic pick-up that might prove useful - has pretty good pick-up

good luck

• bprzyw and logmillingman have said thanks

#4 Rainier OFFLINE  

Rainier
  • Member No: 53758
  • 682 Thanks
  • 557 posts

Posted April 24, 2018 - 11:35 PM

I replaced a hydro on one of my tube frames. It would not prime.i thought maybe it was bad. So I put it in the shed. About a month later I decided to fire it up, and it worked just fine. I think it took some time for the fluid to drain Down into the pump. Give it some time and maybe it come to life. I have never read anywhere about how to prime these pumps. But what happened to me makes me think that the pump will not suck fluid from the tank without it being full to begin with. Hope this helps. And will be watching to see how this works out for you.
  • bprzyw, logmillingman and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#5 BOLENSBOY60 OFFLINE  

BOLENSBOY60
  • Member No: 33108
  • 133 Thanks
  • 80 posts

Posted April 25, 2018 - 06:17 AM

did you drain the hydro ? change filter? when I replaced my gearotor -it did take quite a bit to prime and get pumping- I think I cracked a line on the return- and if I remember correctly- the manual states not only to fill the new filter- but to fill the pick-up tube- let me look in my manual and confirm

• bprzyw, logmillingman and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bolens large frame, hydro