I'll try to give as much information as I can then!
The quick hitch I bought was from a 4xx tractor. I don't know yet if from the 420/430 era or from the later 455 and such. I don't think it matters a lot as I did not use the part that attaches directly to the tractor.
You may think my design is overkill... This is quite probable as I hate doing things twice and being a software engineer I never know when something I build is strong enough.
Here you can see the rough version of the hitch. I think the pivot used to be fixed to the horizontal part, I drilled it all the way from both sides and used 3/4" rod to replace it.
There are 2 cuts, on both sides that are optimized to get the implements as close to the tractor as possible without altering the tractor. First you see the cylinder is about 4-6" in front of the tractor. This is to allow the hood to open without touching the hitch at all. Also you can see 2 small round cuts a bit left to the frontmost bolt, this is also to clear the hood when it's opening as it is pretty close to the tractor's frame.
I welded 1/4x1/2 flatbars on the hitch at top, bottom and front of the frame on both side, the bolts are only used to keep the hitch from "opening". The hitch slides on the frame from the front and is then bolted.
Here is the hydraulic cylinder bracket fully welded in place. When it's at it's lowest possible position, the tractor lifts it's front end a bit off the ground, this was made to allow the implement to follow the ground on "down going" slopes. It's also helping when scraping ice!
I know, the round spacers for the top mount of the cylinder are overkill, I used what I had laying around!
Currently I do not have installed the 3rd spool valve therefore I cannot install the angle cylinder. I made a temporary part to allow me 3 positions for the blade from straight to about 30°. I also made the hitch pin myself as I did not know at the time that they were available this size!
Here is the blade on the tractor as it is sitting tonight. BTW you can see my counterweight installed on the JD 214, it's 3/4 full of concrete bricks! It is made for the cat 0 3pt hitch.
Here you can see the blade that gets a bit far from the tractor. I did not have much choice to be able to open the hood.
The hood open, it is not touching the hitch at all and it can be removed. I had to straighten the 2 hooks/hinges that go in the slots at front of the frame but not a lot.
Here is why the small cut, sometimes the hood gets closer than this as sometimes it hinges closer/further from the frame
And my current hydraulic setup hooked instead of the mid lift. You can also see I followed the shape of the frame where the starter's positive wire is connected.
That's where I am so far. The restauration of the 47" snowblower is nearly at the point where I can paint it, I will have to find o-rings to add the 3rd spool valve and then I'll have to modify the PTO shaft as it is too short, it will be lengthened and there is a small modification I will need to make as currently it is not hooking (the balls that keep it on the shaft of the tractor). Lastly, I will make a custom pulley hub with 1" 15t inner splines (bought a union with the splines) to install 2 larger pulleys to slow down the front PTO to JD's speeds. The 1655 is 1:1 with the engine but it's slower on the JD's and I do not want to overspeed the snowblower nor be on too low RPMs and lack power.