• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 chris gauthier OFFLINE  

chris gauthier
  • Member No: 89059
  • 16 Thanks
  • 31 posts

Posted January 04, 2018 - 08:08 PM

an old garden sprayer with gasoline,find the hole,blast`em,stick the wand in the hole &flood the inside with gas,leave it be,,my grandfather used to attach a tin can on the end of a long pole,put a little gas in it,then hold it right under the nest,the fumes from the gas get`s em!

#32 Reed Breneman OFFLINE  

Reed Breneman
  • Member No: 72922
  • 2939 Thanks
  • 938 posts

Posted January 05, 2018 - 12:25 PM

My Dad had a I thought cool way to do it,He had an old break over 12 gauge,One that wasnt much good anymore and he would dump out the BB"s from the shell and fill the shell with sand box sand,,,,,BOOM and nest and all were vaporized,It worked real good around buildings because the sand never damaged anything and he used to take them out from 20 to 30 feet away,On a really big nest you might need 2 shots but it worked real well and you got in a little target practice.

• KennyP, LilysDad and Leonard VanCamp have said thanks

#33 alleyyooper OFFLINE  

alleyyooper
  • Member No: 58852
  • 950 Thanks
  • 421 posts

Posted January 05, 2018 - 12:40 PM

Playing with gasoline is crazy, I read here about not removing seat safty switches and the back up with mower engauged getting down right riled about it even. Yet it is ok to mess around with gasoline and other flamable crap,think it is cuite or some thing. They sell wasp and hornet spray all brands and types Cheap dollar stuff and more expencive pro stuff at Home Depot.

In the spring when you are out shopping for your golf balls stop in and buy a couple cans of wasp and hornet spray and stand 20 to 25 feet away and use the stuff when you needed to rid some place of wasp and hornets.

And leave the bees alone, they will you!!!!!!!!!!!

:D         Al

• LilysDad and oldedeeres have said thanks

#34 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Anything Red . . .

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 17632 Thanks
  • 11581 posts

Posted January 05, 2018 - 12:47 PM

All the people I know who don't like bees, when they see them near, they jump up and flap their arms around.    DUH!

What would you do if a guy waved his hands at your face?

• oldedeeres said thank you

#35 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 3752 Thanks
  • 4434 posts

Posted January 07, 2018 - 08:27 PM

I like to knock down their hives this time of year when it is cold and they ain't active.... toss it in the trash..... 

we had one a couple of years ago in the clothesline poles..... saturated it and lit it on fire.....  had to do it a couple of times.... it was alot warmer out than it is today..... and they were out and about.

#36 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 2399 Thanks
  • 1668 posts

Posted January 07, 2018 - 08:52 PM

I like to knock down their hives this time of year when it is cold and they ain't active.... toss it in the trash.....
we had one a couple of years ago in the clothesline poles..... saturated it and lit it on fire..... had to do it a couple of times.... it was alot warmer out than it is today..... and they were out and about.

hornets do not use the same nest, they make new ones each year
  • LilysDad and dodge trucker have said thanks

#37 alleyyooper OFFLINE  

alleyyooper
  • Member No: 58852
  • 950 Thanks
  • 421 posts

Posted January 08, 2018 - 04:58 AM

Also a good hard frost kills them all but the queen.

:D       Al

• LilysDad said thank you

#38 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Anything Red . . .

• Contributor
  • 17632 Thanks
  • 11581 posts

Posted January 08, 2018 - 07:48 AM

Yup!

#39 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 3752 Thanks
  • 4434 posts

Posted January 09, 2018 - 08:06 PM

Playing with gasoline is crazy, I read here about not removing seat safty switches and the back up with mower engauged getting down right riled about it even. Yet it is ok to mess around with gasoline and other flamable crap,think it is cuite or some thing. They sell wasp and hornet spray all brands and types Cheap dollar stuff and more expencive pro stuff at Home Depot.

In the spring when you are out shopping for your golf balls stop in and buy a couple cans of wasp and hornet spray and stand 20 to 25 feet away and use the stuff when you needed to rid some place of wasp and hornets.

and we are all still here after playing with gas to talk about doing it again.....

#40 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 2756 Thanks
  • 1585 posts

Posted January 13, 2018 - 10:03 AM

and we are all still here after playing with gas to talk about doing it again.....

local village idiot about burned down his inlaws home trying this method. The owner said "it was all going well until the house caught fire"

• KennyP, shorty and Cat385B have said thanks

#41 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 3752 Thanks
  • 4434 posts

Posted January 13, 2018 - 10:11 AM

local village idiot about burned down his inlaws home trying this method. The owner said "it was all going well until the house caught fire"

well you do have to be careful.......

• KennyP said thank you

#42 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Anything Red . . .

• Contributor
  • 17632 Thanks
  • 11581 posts

Posted January 13, 2018 - 01:50 PM

:bigrofl: 

#43 shorty OFFLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6172
  • 6031 Thanks
  • 5505 posts

Posted January 13, 2018 - 03:00 PM

You say inlaw...... He probably had enough, time for action. Then they would have something to complain about. Instead of the usual imaginary problem.

#44 Xrperry OFFLINE  

Xrperry
  • Member No: 73285
  • 1258 Thanks
  • 876 posts

Posted January 14, 2018 - 04:10 PM

Years ago I took a plastic pop bottle,drilled a hole on the cap, stuck a gopher bomb fuse in the hole,poured a cup of black powder in the bottle,packed empty space with cotton,wrapped 3 layers of duct tape around entire thing,stuck it in the stump where the bees were and lit it.i had a nice explosion,millions of stump bits all over,and believe it or not pi++ed off bees.it killed most but what was left was not happy, they must have been deep into the stump.
  • KennyP said thank you

#45 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 2129 Thanks
  • 2232 posts

Posted February 06, 2018 - 12:00 AM

How is this discussion still going on?