Garden Tractor Forums banner

Interesting article

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  JD DANNELS 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Most of that info is false and copied from other sites.

IDK who runs it but they seem scamy to me.

Reactions: ClassicBolens
#4 ·
#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Those guys stole alot of stuff from the sonnys site and stole alot of the stuff I wrote, they did take some of the word for word stuff I wrote down but still a pletty sleazy bunch of people if you ask me!

Some of those pics are from stuff I uploaded right here on GTT

Should atleast give sources cited or links to where the stuff came from, I know when I made a couple articles here years ago I cited the sonnys site when I used their info here.

#6 ·
Those guys stole alot of stuff from the sonnys site and stole alot of the stuff I wrote, they did take some of the word for word stuff I wrote down but still a pletty sleazy bunch of people if you ask me!
Some of those pics are from stuff I uploaded right here on GTT
Should atleast give sources cited or links to where the stuff came from, I know when I made a couple articles here years ago I cited the sonnys site when I used their info here.
I have read what you put together, it has been a few years since I last read it, but with a re read, you're quite right, they have taken much of what you and sonny put together.

#8 ·
Want me to go rough em up like the last yahoos that stole your article, Brian?
Only if you want to cat :D they did remove about 90% of the copied stuff anyway, seems like they are too afraid to provide contact info but there is a PH number.......

#9 ·
Want me to go rough em up like the last yahoos that stole your article, Brian?
What you gonna do hisss at them? :rolling:

#11 ·
I'm curious, what was the "order" during the final years? ie, who bought who and when?

Dan
FMC was from around 1947 to 1982.

Bolens was then owned by its workers in 1982-1987 then later garden way till the 2001 bankruptcy then MTD got the Bolens name.

Reactions: DL-North
#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
So under Gardenway they were 1st sold as Bolens (till '93) and then Troybilt ('94 to '01)?

Edit: from the links listed below,

1988 - Gardenway buys Bolens from FMC

1997 - Gardenway closes Port Washington plant

2001 - Gardenway files for backruptcy, closes Troy plant

and from this

the Duratrac is the last of the Bolens designs

the green painted Duratracs were made in Port Washington

the red painted Duratracs (Troybilt) from '94 to '97 were made in Port Washington (and supported by Bolens staff)

the red painted Duratracs (Troybilt) from '97+ to '01 were made in Troy (and supported by Troy staff)

the design change to the Commander engine ('96?) was likely done by Bolens staff)

Interesting reading

Dan

#13 ·
Some references to answer some of these questions.

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/stories/2001/10/01/story5.html

http://troybilt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/365/~/bolens-historical-review

http://pressurewashr.com/how-the-troy-bilt-brand-was-built/

"Garden Way, Inc.

In 1988 Garden Way, Inc. acquired the Bolens brand from the FMC Corporation. Garden Way focused on their yard equipment lines and as a result over the years some of the Bolens manufacturing tooling became non-existent. No longer could older model parts be cast and produced.

In 1998, Garden Way added an online store at www.TroyBilt.com to sell Troy-Bilt products.

Bolens®

Bolens is well known for their garden tractors. They introduced their first in 1919 and currently operate as Bolens LLC, a subsidiary of MTD Consumer Group, Inc."

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
Only if you want to cat :D they did remove about 90% of the copied stuff anyway, seems like they are too afraid to provide contact info but there is a PH number.......
I have an idea, write their PH number on bathroom walls! A gal at work was one time giving me a bunch of crap.

I told her I had seen her number on a bathroom wall, but the number was wrong. I fixed it.

That was the end of that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.