Garden Tractor Forums banner

Massey 8 hp Need gas tank and support bracket

2K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  Sugarmaker 
#1 ·
Folks,

I am looking for a good used bracket and gas tank for a Massey Ferguson 8 hp.

Regards,

Chris

#4 ·
I think the tank I have is the same as yours, Alan. But the bracket is way off.

Motor vehicle Wood Gas Font Machine
Wood Motor vehicle Bumper Brick Automotive exterior

Wood Gas Motor vehicle Tree Font
Motor vehicle Wood Tire Automotive tire Wheel

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Wood Automotive exterior Gas
Brown Gas Wood Metal Composite material

Attachments

#6 ·
Folks,

I can't tell you if they are unique, tank or bracket? I don't have a correct tractor to look at! So looking for pictures too.

Maybe this should have been in the wanted section?

Regards,

Chris
Start a post there and put a link to this thread!

#7 ·
esbbent, on 22 Nov 2015 - 1:42 PM, said:snapback.png

Here are a couple of pictures of the MF8 gas tank and the bracket that holds the tank. The tank sits down in from the top and clamps around the tank just below the lip that goes around the side of the gas tank.
attachicon.gif
100_0357.JPG
attachicon.gif
100_0356.JPG
attachicon.gif
100_0355.JPG
Folks,

I found some pictures of the bracket and tank these were posted on here a while ago and I forgot about them. Thanks to esbbent!

The bracket is unique and wraps around the tank spring loaded. I cant see the other side of the bracket so not sure how it attached to the engine? Also not the steel tank with the very short neck. I assume this helps keep it under the hood?

Regards,

Chris

#8 ·
What engine does this MF8 have?

#9 ·
What engine does this MF8 have?
Kenny,

You know, that is a excellent question! And currently I don't know the answer. I can't find any data tags. It is a Tecumseh engine. It seems to be the right fit for the tractor. The air cleaner coming out the left side of the grill seems to match other Massey 8 tractor pictures I have seen. I have been assuming its a 8 hp? Not sure if the experts on here can tell? Some pictures.

DSC04792.jpg

DSC04826.jpg

DSC04559.jpg

Regards,

Chris

#15 ·
Folks,

I need a kick to get going on this lawn tractor again!

I did find the engine number:

HHM80190005 ser 23220

In talking with Bob (sponsor, and very helpful) he thinks that this is a replacement engine.

So I may have a non original engine. The tank support and tank may be more of a challenge too.

Regards,

Chris

#17 ·
Sugarmaker, I sent you a pm but not sure if you received it. I was chatting with a guy in Indiana today and asked if he had a gas tank for your 8. He said he did and for you to give him a call. His name is Rick and his number is 7six5-938-nine510.
Thanks!

I did talk to Rick and he is checking on some parts for me! Appreciate the information. May help me get going on this little Massey project.

Regards,

Chris

#19 ·
Good to hear!

He hooked me up with some very hard to find parts so I was hoping he would be able to help you also.

I feel that this is the funniest part of getting a old pile of steel going again...the thrill of the hunt and then actually finding what you need!!
pappyMF,

Yes I like the hunt for parts also. This Massey is a little different for me since I really dont know much about these tractors. So learning a lot.

Regards,

Chris

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
If you need any pictures of how anything should go or be mounted, I'm pretty sure my son's "new" 8 is all original.

Here it is with most of the sheet metal removed. Should be back from the paint shop around the middle of next week. Our buddy Rick hooked me up with an original muffler assembly that should arrive shortly also.

We are trying to get it ready for the Lebanon Valley Indoor Tractor Show in Mid February. Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Attachments

#24 ·
Very good, glad you are finding everything you need. I received my muffler from Rick yesterday, sandblasted it and put a couple coats of paint on it today. We are close to full assembly day!
That looks nice!

Hope to get my parts in a week or so. Syrup season is starting so i will be busy with that for a while and the little Massey will have to wait.

Regards,

Chris

#25 ·
Folks,

Received my gas tank and headlights/ taillight for the Massey 8. The bracket that came with it looks very similar to the one that I have. Which I thought was cobbled up by someone. Turns out it must have been what was on my tractor. Have been working on maple stuff so the Massey will have to wait for a while.

Anyone have pictures of the rear light placement on a Massey 8?

Regards,

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.