Garden Tractor Forums banner

630 dozer blade "helper spring"

801 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  MFDAC 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have been tossing around the idea of trying the blade I got with my 12G to push some snow later this winter---PROVIDING I get the engine swap done---LOL! Anyway I have never used the blade and it appears after doing an inventory of parts this afternoon that the only thing missing is this "helper spring". Got the pic from my 630 Op Manual.

If anyone could measure the contracted length and diameter of that spring maybe I could buy one locally? Any help would be appreciated!

DAC

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Mine wasn't OEM or I'd be able to help you.
I think we used a spring that was in the spring box at the farm.
Honestly, it's not an exact science, it's to help you lift. The only bad thing would be to much negative buoyancy. I think someone here once said they use theirs without. It would be quite a lift tho.

I'm sure that a couple of guys have them and one with the answer will be along to be more helpful :

#3 ·
If it was me I would grab a handy spring and use an S hook and a few chain links to hook it up. Bend a new hook on a broken overheard door spring, or something like that. With an S hook and chain you can set the amount of lift you want.

#5 ·
You don't need the spring, when you attach the blade to the tractor the lift bar that attaches to the tractors lift goes in the other hole, not the same hole as the mower deck. This gives you more power to lift the blade as the blade doesn't have to go up as much as the mower deck and the lift handle, part that you move with your hand moves full travel.

The manual shows this.

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
I appreciate all this input folks! I guess I should have read the manual better instead of just looking at the pictures, LOL! I will try without one then and if it seems to need help, I've got a couple of pretty long clutch pedal return springs and an s hook assortment! I saw the pic of that second hole on the lift arm and caption at least!

I thought maybe it wouldn't float right without one like original. Better go work on that air cleaner setup for awhile.

DAC

Reactions: limebuzz and DH1
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.