Garden Tractor Forums banner

Big Bolens Rear Tine Tiller and Ridemaster

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  wilberj 
#1 ·
So, I was in a friend's barn today, and he had this Ridemaster and big rear tine Bolens tiller. I'm pretty sure the tiller is one that is hard to find, if I remember correctly (actually, I know where another of these tillers is too). The Ridemaster is the two-speed model. I included a picture of the tag and what not. It comes with three implements, which I think you can see (plow is on the tractor). Anyway, he also had this big rear tine tiller. It looks like a beast. I also just realized I didn't take a picture of the front of it. Sorry! I have no idea why I neglected to do that. He's asking $800 for the pair. Thoughts? Be nice as he's a friend of mine.

Wheel Tire Plant Automotive tire Vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Gas

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Mode of transport Automotive exterior Gas

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Automotive exterior Vehicle

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light

Motor vehicle Green Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Font Gas Wood Rectangle Signage

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Tire Combat vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system Gas

Handwriting Gesture Font Writing Rectangle

Automotive tire Green Gas Wood Tints and shades

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow nice finds!!!

Are you planning on buying them? Dosent look like there's really anything missing on either machines. Infact thats the most complete tillmaster I have seen! I bet they will shine right up once the 2'' of barn dust comes off! :D

#6 ·
Looks like a nice find. That tillmaster is based off the two speed ridemaster.

The Ridemaster was made from 1948 to 1958.

The 38AB301 started at serial number R-40,001 that one would be number 10 of that modal. The 35AB301 is the most common of the briggs powered two speed ridemasters. A total of around 7,000 Ridemasters were made of all modals together.

The tillmaster was made from 1958 to 1960.

Your around 3.5 hours from me what is your plans are you buying them?

Reactions: WrenchinOnIt
#7 ·
Well, I'm still thinking about it a little bit, but to be honest, I'll probably end up passing. I have a bunch of projects on the go right now that I have to invest some money into, very little available space, and they aren't quite what I collect (and because of budget and space, I have to be choosy - I can't have everything). He said the Ridemaster he never had running (a spark issue, I think is what he said, and he never got around to fixing it), and he said the tiller engine ran fine, but there was something wrong with the transmission (reverse gear or something - he couldn't remember exactly as it had been awhile since he had used it). He's pretty firm on his price, I think, although despite the work they need, I still think they're priced well (in my opinion). As I said, I'm still debating a little bit, but I'm pretty sure it's best that I pass on them.

#8 ·
Revers gear problem could be a big problem on the tiller.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.