Garden Tractor Forums banner

PA former dealer auction today

3K views 31 replies 10 participants last post by  Tbrooks 
#1 ·
Prices were unpredictable, auctioneer took forever, was drawn out way too long. Generac front tube frame pto generators $875.00 and $825.00. Skid of Ridemaster cultivator shanks w/ clamps and a moldboard plow $25.00. Complete non running 84440 snowmobile $50.00. Rough but running GK's w/ attachment about $1400.00 each to name a few.

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
The Mott went over $500.00,pretty rusty,had some holes in it,there were a few good deals but most stuff went pretty high,Thermometer I think went for $160.00,2 advertising umbrellas over $150.00 ea,pretty dirty clock that the second hand didn't work $275.00,an average HT-20 over $1,100.00,NOS parts went a little high also (IMO),still had a good time,got to see some fellow Bolens guys I hadn't seen in a while,some pretty serious buyers on some of the stuff for sure

#11 ·
For some reason a green working Ride A Matic with mid mower but without tag only brought $250.00. I only got 4 small items, should have made a couple more bids on some cheap things but didn't. Now I know what to sell some things for down the road.
Sounds about for what they go for.

#13 ·
I was there yesterday as well, probably talked with some of you and didnt know it :D I know a couple of you guys I spoke with mentioned you are on here though.

Was a good day with alot of great items, wish I knew PA was about 12 degrees cooler as we left the house it was about 55 degrees and when we got to the auction it was about 44 degrees at 6am!! Not good T-shirt weather :D

Pricing stayed about retail for most of the stuff, generators got a little crazy as It was me an one other serious guy but where are you going to find another? Definitely overpaid but sometimes you have to if you want it.

The only other thing I was absolutely shocked at was the brinly dump for the Bolens that went over $500 ! Someone must have really wanted that or didnt want to loose at bidding! The auctioneer was very disorganized and took from 8am to nearly 4 to wind everything down.

I hope Bill (The Seller) did well on the auction sales, got to talk with him a bit and he is one heck of a nice guy and very knowledgeable on the Bolens line

I walked away with a decent amount of Bolens NOS parts as well as a few misc items and some advertising goodies, still need to un pack, left the house at 1am and hadnt slept in over 36 hours, slept 11 hours this morning :D

#14 ·
Some of you guys need to post photos.....

#16 ·
#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
Pictures !

Brought home two generator attachments, Weights,S8D engine (had running today :D ), Bolens dealer display banner, Umbrella , Decent amount of NOS parts

One thing I noticed is the serial numbers on the generators are only 3 off which makes me believe they were both bought when Mr. Mattern had his dealership and likely have not been used much at all and this is they first time the changed owner hands.

And I finally know the story on the Umbrellas as I asked bill what they were displayed with when I was there. he said they had a little stand that you could secure to the back of the tractor seats and display them outside or in the showroom

Attachments

#24 ·
Reactions: Cat385B
#26 ·
Would you be willing to post the modal and serial of the tractor plus engines?
I posted in your ridemaster thread. The ridemaster didn't come with an engine it is serial number R501. From what I read in your threads is that the ridemasters started out as R101, so by that this one is #400 built? Would that make it a 1948? I will be doing an inventory of the missing parts and posting a want ad soon. If you want serial numbers on any of the other models I would be more than happy to share.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.