I finally got my DGT 1700 done. It was in pretty nice shape when I got it. I just pulled all the tins etc and did a good cleaning and inspection. I replaced the block heater with a brand new one. I took the starter to a local shop and he did a fantastic job on it. New brushes, bearings, clutch mechanism and new solenoid. It works great.
I painted all the tins and did a clear coat over everything. It came out pretty nice. The wheel rims still need to be done. The tractor has about 1400 hours on it and runs unbelievable. This is my first diesel garden tractor and I love it. I'll be setting it up for Winter with the RAD 2 stage blower that I got for it. The blower is in really nice condition. I'll have a snow cab all set up for it as well with flashing strobe and front/rear led lights.
This tractor weighs in at 1025 lbs and has a ton of power and torque. I towed my lawn aerator which has a 250 lb drawbridge counter weight on it. It towed it up my front yard hill like there was nothing behind the tractor. I'm wondering what it will take to slow that engine down... Here are some pictures of it.