Garden Tractor Forums banner

Bolens tiller. Need driveshaft

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Bmerf 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey.Here we go again! Looking for more imposable to find parts. Looking for a driveshaft or any place to get one made for a tiller on a 59 ride a matic. Got what I thought was a deal on a tiller till I realized shaft was missing. Already got the gears in gearbox remade and now for the shaft. been checking with everyone. If anyone has one or access to the parts to make It would be greatly appreciated. The brownboys thank you for any help.

part no.1709844

#2 ·
I have a local machine shop that could build you one. If he had to do the U-joints and all it would be cost prohibitive. If you had the two U-joints and he just had to build the shaft, not a problem. Shipping from Iowa to PA could be an issue though. PM me if interested.

#3 ·
How similar is the Ride-a-Matic tiller shaft compared to the ones used on the tube frames? I have never seen a Ride-a-Matic tiller or how it hooks up. If the u-joints are the same or close enough it might not be hard to fab one up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.