#5596 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Tractorfanatics.com

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 14737 Thanks
  • 10277 posts

Posted June 25, 2018 - 10:14 PM

I'm betting the cat has better sense than that.
  • Craig., KennyP, UncleWillie and 1 other said thanks

#5597 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 8210 Thanks
  • 5634 posts

Posted June 26, 2018 - 11:13 AM

I'm betting the cat has better sense than that.

We all know cats don't have any sense.

• Craig., KennyP and UncleWillie have said thanks

#5598 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 16499 Thanks
  • 9060 posts

Posted June 26, 2018 - 03:35 PM

pour-over-cork.jpg

This morning we delivered the Ford. No difficulties there. 

IT was supposed to rain so we came on in after we got back. 

ANd mother nature waited till 400 to rain on us. Big time thunder and lightening. 

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#5599 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 48160 Thanks
  • 51273 posts

Posted June 26, 2018 - 03:49 PM

As long as you didn't need an Ark to stay dry! We have more storms NE, but they are putting clouds between us and the sun!

• Craig. said thank you

#5600 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16499 Thanks
  • 9060 posts

Posted June 27, 2018 - 07:25 PM

The theme for today is 

rusty-old-tractor-with-a-flat-tire-jeff-

Steph said that as soon as she got up, Heath ran outside to look in the trees for KitKat. He didn't find her.

This morning we had to pick up a camper in Gastonia. The guy said it was a Dodge Sportsman camper VAN. He didn't send me any pictures, but it was free. He did say it had flats, so we filled up all the air tanks, grabbed the little compressor, and the extension cord, and headed off. 

I had the big trailer on the back of Moby, Steph had the tow bar in the  bed of BettyBlue. I wasn't sure what was going to be needed to pull it back so I figured I would play it safe. 

She called me on the radio and told me she needed gas and didn't have any money. I told her when we got to the 4 lane to pull up next to me at a light. I got $50 out of my wallet. We got close to a red light and she pulled up, slowed down, and got close to me. The guy behind her started honking and cussing. I tossed the money in her window and she pulled in front of me. The idiot behind her roared 40 feet up the road, and had to stop for the light.

Heath and I went on down to the house. This is what I found.

36322757_1754320191303475_87976107433913

No way that was going up on the trailer, and no bumper to pull it with. I sent the guy a message that it was a no go, but I would try to find someone with a deck over trailer, I called Steph and told her to turn around.

Back in Dallas we stopped at Southern States. While we were there, I put the trailer on BB, and I went over and got in line behind all the patrol cars at the car wash.

Moby had  been starting poorly, so when I got home I got the battery tester. It tested good for about 4 seconds, then slowly dropped to nothing. Time for a new one.

Then I pulled the broken muffler off of Gertie. The last time I looked at TSC they had a muffler for it, but that was a year ago. I figured all I really needed was the gasket to make sure I got the right thing, so I put that in the truck. 

Steph got home before I did and had the winch cable on the trailer pulled all the way out. In short order I had the new synthetic cable put on it. Then Moby got pulled over into the shade and she pulled the tangled mess of straps out of the back. 

I pulled the bad battery out of it. 

She took BB and ran to walmart to get a bigger battery. I wanted a 24ms 650cca  battery like BB had. She went to the local store and the didn't have one. I told her to come home. 

BB's battery got swapped into Moby, then we hooked up to the tow dolly and rolled off.

The TSC in Lincolnton didn't have the muffler for Gertie, but we had to go to Hickory I thought I would look in there Then we shot across the road to Walmart and got a battery for BB.

We made good time up to Statesville, and got a Pontiac Grand Prix - with 3 flat tires. We had the tanks in the truck, so it was easy enough to air them up. 

We headed down to Hickory and looked at TSC. Still no  direct fit muffler, bit I found something I think will work. If not I can return it. 

I had a gift card for Hooter's so we went there. Heath actually wanted a hamburger instead of fried chicken. All I know was I was hungry and I would have eaten the table top.

We headed for home after we were all sated.

There was a Ford van in front of us that was leaning hard to the passengers side. When we got close we saw that the front tire was almost completely flat. We go them to pull over and I put what air we had left in his tire (12 pounds but it was more then he had), then he limped slowly to the nearest gas station.

We got close to home and made a right turn at an intersection. The tow dolly hopped up in the air and the right tire went flat. I pulled into a driveway and we found that the rod that holds the ramp up had come out somehow and ripped the back of the tire open.

I stayed with the car and dolly while Steph went home to get the spare that we forgot.

While I was there I started talking to the homeowner. He was a nice guy, and I might have gotten a job out of it.

Once the tire was on we headed for the house. 

We got home and I let the dogs out to pee. Steph said she heard the cat. So we started calling her. She was on top of the shop. After some coaxing I got her close enough to get a grip on. She came in and ate for 5 minutes then went to sleep on the printer. Heath is glad she in inside. He was worried about her. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#5601 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16499 Thanks
  • 9060 posts

Posted June 28, 2018 - 06:00 PM

Not much happening today.

ae8279d8c942f4d4a45129f982b0a2ea.jpg

I woke up hurting, and decided not to do much. In a short time I was informed that the AC was messed up again and was blowing hot air. 

I checked and the heat and AC were on at the same time. A relay had gone bad, I unplugged the heating coils and taped up the connectors. 

The rod that came out of the tow dolly had been turned into a boomerang, so I needed oxygen for my torches. 

I sent Steph to get the O2 and a new relay. Heath and I watched car videos.

After 4 we went out and I straightened the rod for the dolly, then we put it on. 

I got the exhaust flange, that had been bubble gum welded to the extreme, off of Gertie and used the torch to cut off the bad welds.

I spent plenty of time with the grinder trying to get the last of it off. 

Steph and Heath left for swim class. 

I got the exhaust cobbled together, then a bolt  broke off when I was putting it on. 

Oh well. I was tired anyway, and drenched in sweat. I came and and got a shower. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#5602 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16499 Thanks
  • 9060 posts

Posted June 28, 2018 - 09:06 PM

Since the writing is on the wall for this forum, this will be my last update here, unless a lot changes in a hurry. It has been a fun ride. If you want to know what is going on with the hat, check here.

http://tractorfanati....264/#post-3991

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Texas Deere and Horse and 5 others have said thanks

#5603 larrybl OFFLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 7903 Thanks
  • 4733 posts

Posted June 28, 2018 - 09:36 PM

Well drat. I just registered over there. Now I have to figure that site out and build new content there. Hard to keep track of where I posted what tractor wise.

• Texas Deere and Horse, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#5604 Z71 Sierra OFFLINE  

Z71 Sierra
  • Member No: 84173
  • 396 Thanks
  • 200 posts

Posted July 04, 2018 - 10:11 PM

Happy 4th! I got my mini cannon out to celebrate. It shoots 10 ga shot gun shells. It is very loud.20180703_222710.jpg 20180704_211436.jpg
  • Alc, Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#5605 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 13594 Thanks
  • 6344 posts

Posted July 06, 2018 - 06:48 PM

That's cool. We have a 50cal. scale model black powder cannon My Olde Deere made years ago. Have to weigh or tie it down when we shoot it or it just flies!

• Alc, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks