Garden Tractor Forums banner

And Now.....the Pics

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Bolens 1000 
#1 ·
Pics of the 'new' G11

The tin is a bit rougher than the 1st one as is the seat.
Looks like a PO replaced the PTO with an earlier model's PTO, since it doesn't have the brake.
Engine DOES NOT smoke, and does have a bit of a 'bark' with that straight pipe. However, I did get the original muffler with it. The seller had removed it and was using it on a generator.
That spring on the clutch/brake isn't original, but it sure does help take out all of the slop in that linkage. I think I just may do that with the other G11 and the G10.

HIt the 10 pic limit, so I'll do the last 2 in the next post

Attachments

See less See more
#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
one way i think about it is that not every one is not involved in the internet for all we know there is a Complete collection of bolens tractors (or what ever your favorite brand is) in some ones back yard yes the g11 are rare but there are AT least a Few hundred made most of we dont know where they are like that tiller that Dr bolens posted about there some out the its just finding them thats the trick if lets say there is 300 made i have seen 5 on the computer 2 OB 1 kijiji 1 youtube 1 nascar thats 5 Where is the other 295 bolens g11s ? options where they could be 1 In Use 2 hiding in a field 3 in a barn or storage 4 at a scrap yard 5 melded down an in a John Deere OH no that going to be a nightmare
any ways nice score Ob if there a chance that it could fall of the trailer and roll into my yard ?
Cheers
Tyler

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
one way i think about it is that not every one is not involved in the internet for all we know there is a Complete collection of bolens tractors (or what ever your favorite brand is) in some ones back yard yes the g11 are rare but there are AT least a Few hundred made most of we dont know of like that tiller that Dr bolens posted about there some out the its just finding them thats the trick if lets say there is 300 made i have seen 5 on the computer 2 OB 1 kijiji 1 youtube 1 nascar thats 5 Where is the other 295 bolens g11s ? options where they could be 1 In Use 2 hiding in a field 3 in a barn or storage 4 at a scrap yard 5 melded down an in a John Deere OH no that going to be a nightmare
any ways nice score Ob if there a chance that it could fall of the trailer and roll into my yard ?
Cheers
Tyler
Yes that is a good point.
I am sure there are still loads of NOS parts and attachments stuffed away in some old barns and warehouses that haven't been touched in years. They made Hundreds/ Thousands of each model so they are definitely out there somewhere, But like you said the problem is finding them.

#10 ·
How much did that set you back? Did you get the price down a bit from what he was asking? I saw the post you referenced, but I thought it was a bit pricey for what it was in the condition it is in and without any attachments. Just hope you got it for a good deal!

#17 ·
i had though that there was a h16 or g14 (one of the 2 cant remember now ) that has similar decals as the g11

#16 ·
Congrats! Always nice to have a pair, especially if they are a bit on the rare side. Enjoy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.