Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

So what started your itch for lawn and garden tractors?

• Please log in to reply
393 replies to this topic

#391 ckelly78z OFFLINE  

ckelly78z
  • Member No: 101584
  • 14 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted November 12, 2020 - 01:16 PM

I think the real itch started when I bought my first house, that had a driveway, and sidewalks to plow snow on. My first tractor was an old "knee burner" 1959 Wheel Horse that I brought back from the dead, and mounted an 8HP Briggs on. My Dad got a deal for an old Ford that had a Johnson front end loader mounted on it. He also got a spare "parts" tractor along with it that was the same thing, but a Jacobson with broken transmission gears. He gave me the Jac, and a snow plow, that I rebuilt, and painted.

Over the years, I have probably bought/fixed/sold about 30-40 garden tractors, and currently have 4 in the barn right now.

• IHCubCadet147 and jcp7hp have said thanks

#392 Tater Gunn ONLINE  

Tater Gunn
  • Member No: 102056
  • 19 Thanks
  • 31 posts

Posted December 24, 2020 - 02:57 PM

I got my first riding/garden mower/tractor after moving to Idaho, with 2.6 acres (not all lawn. LOL) and having a huge yard to mow. My old place was just 1/5 acre and the yards were small and I mowed them for 18 years with a push mower. A craftsman 6hp 21" cut that was still running when I moved and gave it to my neighbor. 

• IHCubCadet147 and jcp7hp have said thanks

#393 RustyRedneck OFFLINE  

RustyRedneck
  • Member No: 97844
  • 10 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted April 04, 2021 - 02:00 AM

I've been around tractors and equipment all my life. I'm interested in anything with moving parts. While I do have a bit of a fleet of cars and a few tractors, all of those are outnumbered by garden tractors. My reasoning is that they're cheaper than cars and easier than tractors in almost every way. I have at least one of each of the big tractor brands besides New Holland and many more off brand and unique machines. As of right now I have 111 garden tractors.

Sent from my SM-S102DL using Tapatalk
  • jhn9840, KennyP, IHCubCadet147 and 1 other said thanks

#394 rmoore1229 OFFLINE  

rmoore1229
  • Member No: 96998
  • 18 Thanks
  • 29 posts

Posted April 07, 2021 - 08:41 PM

First off I'm 32 years old, I know many of the members here are older than me(no offense intented). My dad had a friend up the road when I was growing up that collected and restored specifically Antique GM Cars and Cub Cadet garden tractors. I liked both but was always more drawn to the garden tractors because I considered them more financially attainable. When I bought my first house with 2.5 acres I needed a mower and bought an MTD Tradesman 1846 to mow the grass (I know most of you dont consider this model antique or a garden tractor but it's still a stellar machine.) It spiraled uphill from there to a Bolens 1055 so I had something to snowblow the drive, a Roper RT10 just because it was a good deal and a pair of Case Ingersoll 4020's that I bought just because I liked them. I've owned a couple cub cadets but they didnt thrill me much but hey that's alright. Anyhow that's how I got started.
  • KennyP, IHCubCadet147 and jcp7hp have said thanks