Garden Tractor Forums banner

1St Annual Ball Hollow/gttalk Plow Day

30K views 525 replies 56 participants last post by  jd.rasentrac 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ok guys, October 27th 2012 will be the 1st annual Ball Hollow/GTTalk Plow Day! November 3rd will be the rain date.
To help cover costs, I will have a donation jar, but no donation required, and also everyone will need to sign a waiver of liability (std practice). I also hope to get some sponsors so I can also have some door prizes.
I will have at least 45 acres, more available if needed. Level to rolling land. This will be ground where we chopped off this year's corn silage, and I will try to bush hog down the stubble stalks as close as possible if time permits.
This will be my 1st ever plow day to have put on, so it will be a learning experience, and hopefully will get better each successive year. Hope many of you can come, so mark it on your calendar!
Address is 1650 Ball Hollow Road, Hodgenville, Ky 42748 (Behind my Son's home) You can reach me by cell phone at two 7 zero-4 nine 1-0 four 7 eight.
Please, no alcohol allowed for safety's sake.

Garden tractors, "sub" compacts, & walk behinds welcome. Please, no full size tractors. You are welcome to bring items for show or sale, but there is no formal show or swap/sell meet.

Single day event this year. Registration will begin at 7:30 to 8 am, with plowing lasting as long as there is light. I have not finalized plans concerning lunch, so please look for updates.

If you make plans to attend, please reply to this post and I will add you to the list below:

The following, plus 10 more local to me.

1: Nutndun
2: Grand
3: chuck 050382
4: Meangreen
5: Olcowhand
6: DHI (maybe)
7: Jimmymc2286
8: 1971deere
9: wawcub47 (maybe)
10: daDoug
11: Texas Deere and Horse
12: Caseguy (hoping)
13: GTTinkerer
14: ducky (maybe)
15: AcreFarm
16: Lauber1
17: Grumpy
18: jpackard56
19: jrk
20: twostep
21: jimmymc22856
22: jimmymc's brother
23: Sparky

See less See more
#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
Daniel, You know I'm in if I can get away from work. I have it marked on my calendar.

The roads from I-65 to Daniel's are great roads and if I can find his farm, anyone can.

I also would take a few with me if we can make arrangements, Kenny, Dale, Ronnie.....

Reactions: dstaggs
#15 ·
444 miles is a long way but I would love to put another notch in the belt on different states Ive plowed in. Hopefully we can work something out. The only bad thing is that this conflicts with the plow day at Mayfield Dairy in Athens TN. This is their 3rd annual. I was able to make it to the 1st, and last years got rained out. If things work out though, Id love to come and be a part of the 1st annual Ball Hollow Plow Day. Good luck with coordinating it.

Whats the soil like up there?

#20 ·
I have a feeling there will be a good turnout. I was at my Southern States Coop this morning getting supplies, and Dewey, the manager told me he'd give something for/toward door prizes. I'll hit up other businesses before time & hopefully have many small door prizes. I know a 5 to $10 door prize isn't much if you drove a few hundred miles round trip, but anything is better than nothing! I am going to make up some GTTALK decals and everyone will get one....unless I underestimate & run out. WARNING....anyone that arrives early & has experience with managing a plow day may get volunteered to help! LOL

#26 ·
I think you should have a good turnout Daniel. We have about a 630 mile one way trip to your Plow Day. The fact that so many folks are already considering attending even with long driving distances shows how much we appreciate your contributions to the site and our desire to show support.

#22 ·
That Saturday just happens to be my anniversary. My wife and I will celebrate 17 years this fall! I'd love to come down, finally meet you, and get to turn some ground! She said that she is amenable to having that be our getaway. (Man I sure do love her!) We'll just have to see what the year brings and if we'll have the funds to make the trip. Its 456 miles for us.

#24 ·
Dan, I would love to load up a Simp or 2 and head your way. I cannot give you a definite 'yes' right now... heck, at this point I don't even know if I'll make Evansville or not.
If we can swing it, Julie & I will be there

#27 ·
Ok, my wife says if i go plowing in kantuke' , then she's coming along too. Just got the engine running on the Might Man, so if it passes the next couple of tests, i'll be bringing a good sized walker for plowing. Going to need an unloading dock or something as this tractors heavy and dont have a reverser on it.

#29 ·
Keep me informed about you coming and we'll do something. We have a bank next to the road we likely could just walk it right off at. The payloader bucket isn't very deep. But we'll get you unloaded safe & sound, one way or another!

#28 ·
Daniel has that big loader that can lift it out of the bed. I'm sure if you bring it, he'll get it on the ground for you!

#30 ·
Wish I could come......but two 700 plus miles on way trips in the same year is just not in the cards. Great to meet you in person and look forward to the time our paths cross again. Will be waiting impatiently for the pictures y'all take at the plow day.

Make sure you get pictures of ALL of the bush hogs there......please.

#33 ·
Yea unfortunately I live on the other side of the state from Ashville.......so I am ONLY 327 miles EAST of Asheville ....so that makes my trip one way only 650 miles....I wanna go!!
On Sunday, June 10th, I saw a guy hauling a Bush Hog GT on a trailer being towed by a white F-150 going North on I-85. The Bush Hog even had a front scrape blade. That wasnt you by chance was it? In the Greensboro NC area.

#35 ·
Wow! Small world. I was in a black Suburban and was moving pretty fast. I slowed down to take a look and gave you a thumbs up! Then I got off for gas, and wanted to try to catch you so I could look at that Bush Hog one more time, but apparently you had gotten off as well, and I saw you again merging into traffic and I couldnt get over fast enough.

#38 ·
Because there are some traveling so far, I will make the fields available for plowing Sunday the 28th also. I won't advertise on my local flyers for 2 days plowing, but want to extend it especially for those making such a long trip. If we get to plow on the 27th, I won't be there until around 10am Sunday morning being I'll be milking my cows, but you'll be welcome to plow any time that morning.

#42 ·
I know..... it was a short trip going out (bush hog to pick up, show to attend, and people to see).....but it was a long trip back!!
I hate that I can not make it....but my "man trip" money has been spent. (when I told my mom what I was heading to Evansville for a GT show.... she said " oh you are going on a man trip"......she was a farm girl but we are talking 60 plus years ago since she was on the farm.....
I got to got to Evansville that weekend while my wife and daughters were in Atlanta......trust me it was an expensive 3 days.....

Knowing Daniel, it would be a trip worth taking.....if you live with in 4-5 hours and don't attend you are missing a big opportunity!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.