Jump to content

Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Recent Comments

Latest Classifieds

  • Haney Steering Gear
    Jun 30, 2020 04:47 PM
    Looking for a steering gear for a Haney tractor.  
  • Wheelhorse GT1848
    Jun 30, 2020 09:09 AM
    Nicely refurbished Work Horse with Kohler 12hp engine fresh paint and decals...
  • Rare Sears Suburban attachments in CT
    Jun 29, 2020 12:08 PM
    York Rake 350 obo. Dump hay rake 400 obo. Rear grader blade 250 obo. Single b...
  • Agri-fab 36" pull behind tiller,...
    Jun 28, 2020 04:18 PM
    Whats up guys, I am clearing out More stuff. Everything Is Posted On Craigsli...
  • Snapper/Massey mower parts
    Jun 26, 2020 01:05 PM
    48" mower belts (PN 1-9594), 48" mower drive pulley (PN 4-9653), 48" mower bl...
  • Massey 1450
    Jun 24, 2020 07:38 AM
    Looking for a mule drive and a good deck for a Massey 1450. Thanks Mark
- - - - -

Pipe Plug Help


I have had and used a set of Sears special sockets for years made just for this purpose. Just slide the smallest size on you can and turn the plug out.  5 or 6 special sockets to the set in a plastic storage cases.  Made back when Sears had good tools.

    • earthgrinder and 426tractorguy have said thanks
I have used 8 pt sockets to remove plug or set screws. They're just harder to find a supplier who sales them. I've had different brands over the years. Craftsman, Snap-on, Mac, and even cheapies. You'll just need to check out your tool supply house.
    • chieffan and 426tractorguy have said thanks

Neat, novel trick.  I have several set of allen sockets that could be inserted into an inverted socket of any size, and this solution is so simple it probably never would have occurred to me.  I guess I'm lucky... never had a problem using an open-end wrench, nor come across a rounded one.  Some teflon tape prevents the need for extreme overtorquing... sometimes I wonder if people think that torquing a fastener or plug to the extreme is some kind of rite of passage?

    • chieffan and 426tractorguy have said thanks