#1 justwalt OFFLINE  

justwalt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1318
  • 4 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted December 06, 2011 - 07:09 PM

hey ya'll, hope everyone's ready for some snow...

I mounted a 36" snow blower on the B12 the other day... had to yank a drive pulley
from one of the other engines in the shed... only had one, and it has stripped set screw
threads on it. It fit tight enough to test the blower operation, (and all works well), but
I am in need of a part number for a new engine drive pulley.

It's a 4.5 inch, (total outside diameter), with the 1 inch shaft... seems to work well, the
blower spins fast, and the engine idles fine when I drop the throttle to its bottom.

I think it's the right pulley size, but I'm not sure. thanks

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted December 06, 2011 - 07:17 PM

You might just tap it out to the next size & get appropriate set screw. I do that all the time when they strip out.
  • justwalt said thank you

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted December 06, 2011 - 07:26 PM

Looked thru the parts manual for the Simplicity version, but no mention of the front pullies. Must've come with the blower kit. Do you have the model # for the blower?
  • justwalt said thank you

#4 justwalt OFFLINE  

justwalt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1318
  • 4 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted December 06, 2011 - 08:22 PM

Well... I couldn't find a model tag, but the snow blower came with the '66 B10 that we got last year. It is a 36" with single belt, and the pulley is the front PTO pulley. Mary just handed me three books that she got at an auction a month ago...

I have two...(2) service manuals for B series tractors and attachments, AND one (1) parts catalog for tractor implements, covering models: B206, B207, B208, B210, B212 and HB 212!!!!! no listing for the PTO pulley though.

I'll re-tap the pulley that I have... NOW... who do I send these manuals, to to be copied, and put up for downloads???

These have close to 200 pages each, and cover even the sickle bar and front loader for service.... parts catalog covers only the tractors above and implements as follows: blades, drive belts and chains, dump cart, 36" lawn roller, 26" & 36" mower, 36" snow thrower and vacuum collector.