3 replies to this topic

#1 kb0nly OFFLINE  

kb0nly

• Contributor
  • Member No: 7469
  • 18 Thanks
  • 63 posts

Posted December 06, 2011 - 04:12 PM

Anyone have some Ariens snowblower parts laying around??

I want to build a deflector control for the blower on my YT12. Its the 835 series 36" blower and though i have seen some with a deflector control cable mine doesn't have one.

The main parts seem to be a control cable, and a cable bracket on the lower half of the chute and a small cable end bracket on the deflector, and then a cable bracket and handle that go by the chute control to adjust it.

I think i could fabricate those brackets but the control cable is what i haven't been able to find yet. The parts manual shows it as 69137 for the cable but doesn't mention length or any other details.

The other option i am thinking about is electrical, using a small linear actuator. But i don't like electric controls on the snowblower chutes, just something else to maintain and possibly die when you really need it.

Anyone have some parts stashed??

#2 shorty OFFLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,570 Thanks
  • 3,951 posts

Posted December 10, 2011 - 07:59 AM

Lawn Mower Parts
OK??? cant figure out the link thingy. :confuse:
Anyways Jacks small engines, They are showing that the cable would be available in there store.

#3 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted December 10, 2011 - 09:17 AM

I used a small winch and electric car window motor to convert my Ariens blower to electric and it works good without any problems.Just to give you a idea.Larry

http://gardentractor...-deflector-626/

#4 kb0nly OFFLINE  

kb0nly

• Contributor
  • Member No: 7469
  • 18 Thanks
  • 63 posts

Posted December 11, 2011 - 01:26 AM

Jacks and a few others seems to have the cable, but not all the other parts.

The deflector control cable is an option, there is brackets and other parts that are not installed without it, so although i could get the cable, i couldn't get all the other pieces, or it would add up rather fast!

I snagged a linear actuator from eBay for $45 shipped. I welded some clevis pins to the side of the chute to mount the actuator to, should have it all wrapped up and done Monday or Tuesday once the actuator gets here.

I spent most of this afternoon pulling both rear wheels off and putting tubes in the tire to stop a slow nagging leak that the one had, figured why do just one and then the other starts leaking a month from now. Then i went through a few other things on it, oiled and greased everything, spent a lot of time tweaking it.

Paint drying... Waiting for parts.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20111209_134225.jpg