broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 85
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted December 04, 2011 - 09:31 PM

My Yanmar sub-compact's engine took a big crap and I decided to sell it rather than fix it. I have a 3pt tiller that came with the yanmar and I'm wondering if there are any GT's it will work with. It's a 40" category1 meant to turn at 540 rpm. My yanmar had a 2 speed pto and I would often run the tiller at 770 rpm with no problem. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks, Dan

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted December 04, 2011 - 09:35 PM

I don't know of any GT with cat 1 3pt lifts. And unless equipped with optional 540 pto adapters, they are mostly 2,000rpm pto output.

#3 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted December 04, 2011 - 10:09 PM

I don't know of any GT with cat 1 3pt lifts. And unless equipped with optional 540 pto adapters, they are mostly 2,000rpm pto output.

Thanks for the info, that's what I suspected. I have already listed it on craigslist. I'm trying to clear out/sell off some things that I will unlikely ever use but it ain't easy to let some stuff go. My girlfriend tells me I'm a tractor/tractor part hoarder, she says it like it's a bad thing!?:confuse:

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted December 05, 2011 - 06:10 AM

As far as I know,the were no GT's that came with cat.1 3pt. hitch.At least I have never seen one.

#5 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 05, 2011 - 08:15 AM

Thanks for the info, that's what I suspected. I have already listed it on craigslist. I'm trying to clear out/sell off some things that I will unlikely ever use but it ain't easy to let some stuff go. My girlfriend tells me I'm a tractor/tractor part hoarder, she says it like it's a bad thing!?:confuse:

Tell her that the day she only has one pair of shoes and one color of eye shadow is the day you will only have one gt.

I hope you do good selling the stuff Dan.

#6 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,405 Thanks
  • 3,155 posts

Posted December 05, 2011 - 08:24 AM

Yeah, he'll need it to buy more shoes and make-up . LOL

#7 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,477 Thanks
  • 5,009 posts

Posted December 05, 2011 - 10:14 AM

Hey you guys, the poor man is under a lot of stress right now. He is broke down! :mecry:Let's show a little compassion OK :smile1:

My girlfriend tells me I'm a tractor/tractor part hoarder, she says it like it's a bad thing!?

Looks like things are off to a bad start. Good luck with the tractors and girl friend. You really are caught between a rock and a hard spot. Here is the answer though, If She is willing to do all the work the tractor does for you and can make tractor sounds I'd stick with her. :rofl2:

Edited by Cvans, December 05, 2011 - 10:23 AM.

#8 dave8338 OFFLINE  

dave8338

• Member No: 6698
  • 196 Thanks
  • 374 posts

Posted December 05, 2011 - 10:38 AM

I have no less than: 1-Bobcat 773, 2-200 Honda three wheelers, 3-lawn tractors, 4-collector cars/trucks, and 5-bikes, all sitting inside.

My wife has never given me grief for having her (and mine) daily driver sitting outside.
I do start her Explorer and My F-150 in the mornings, when it's cold out.

She IS..."just" a girlf friend, right? :confuse: :wave:

#9 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted December 05, 2011 - 10:53 AM

The big jd's starting with the 4x5 Xseries have the option of a limited cat 1 3pt. and a 540rpm pto option as well. The limited part of the 3pt is the lift height which like most sub compacts is not as high as a larger cat 1. I had an x475 with a cat1 3pt and it would except standard 26" wide cat 1 implements.

Edited by JDBrian, December 12, 2011 - 04:08 PM.

#10 Orangeman05 OFFLINE  

Orangeman05

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 917
  • 16 Thanks
  • 67 posts

Posted December 12, 2011 - 03:43 PM

The Simplicity Legacy XL also has a cat 1 limited 3pt, with a 540 pto. I think they come standard on the 27 hp diesel model.

#11 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted December 12, 2011 - 04:14 PM

My Yanmar sub-compact's engine took a big crap and I decided to sell it rather than fix it. I have a 3pt tiller that came with the yanmar and I'm wondering if there are any GT's it will work with. It's a 40" category1 meant to turn at 540 rpm. My yanmar had a 2 speed pto and I would often run the tiller at 770 rpm with no problem. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks, Dan

If I were in your position I would look at the Scut's rather than a GT. The Kubota BX's, JD 2305 or the new 1000 series and others. They normally come with diesels, 3pt, pto, 4wd, ROPs etc as standard equipment. They are about the same size as the super GT's but are usually better value.

#12 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted December 12, 2011 - 08:34 PM

Thanks for all the replies, info and advice. After talking to my girlfriend and considering what I have/use/need I sold the 3pt tiller, the yanmar and a 4ft 3pt box blade. I also sold my 1949 john deere b with it's 2 bottom trailer plow and snow plow. She "WAS" proud of me. I have both a wide tiller and a narrow tiller for my mf10's & 12's and also a 38-40" tiller for my amf 1014 so I'm set for tillers. I really liked my JD B but it was impractical for what I was trying to use it for. I would like to have another scut but they are more money than I want to spend and I need a larger tractor for my 3pt 5' bush hog, 3pt 2 14" bottom plow, 7ft disc and the 3pt dirt scoop I use to clear/maintain my drainage ditches. It was really hard to let the stuff go.:mecry:
On the positive side, I took the money and bought a nice ford 2600 and a 6ft box blade. I love the tractor and it fits my needs perfectly. I have plenty GT's and attachments for the lighter jobs. O'yeah, I also took some of the remaining money and bought a mf14 w/nice deck and snowthrower, the rest of the money is going to an auction with me saturday.:bounce:
I guess my girlfriend is right, I am a tractor nut. I'm not ashamed of it, nor do I have any intention of changing. If she doesn't like it she can go back to the great guy's that spend they're time and money sitting on a bar stool.:wave:

#13 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted December 12, 2011 - 08:42 PM

A sotah beaver might but im not sure exacly.

#14 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted December 12, 2011 - 08:44 PM

Pic's of the 2600
DSC02354.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC02356.jpg

#15 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted December 12, 2011 - 08:47 PM

A sotah beaver might but im not sure exacly.

Yes it does, the guy I sold my yanmar to had one. He's going to use the loader from the yanmar on the beaver.