32 replies to this topic

#31 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted December 12, 2011 - 11:22 PM

uh-oh. I didn't take any pictures while I was working on them.
The cub was pretty simple, not much to get her going. I looked up the serial number on it....Feb. of '65. I have the hitch plate that mounts on the back of the tractor, and the tractor already had the spring assist and lift lever on it. I am going to use some scrap steel I have around here and make my own sleeve hitch for it. I have a sleeve hitch plow in the shed that will hook right up to it. Have to see who does a better job in the garden, the cub or the sears! The sears has 3 pt. hitch and a 8 hp. advantage over the cub. I guess I will have to allow for that.

That 100 will drag a 10" Brinley around all day long without any trouble. I use mine at plowday and it's got NO trouble at all. In fact I even swapped out second gear in mine to the fastest stock set you could get on a Cub Cadet and it still plows no trouble.

#32 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted December 13, 2011 - 11:10 AM

I like reading that about the cub pulling a plow. the old cubs are great tractors. I have a international 42 inch snowblade that should work on it too. the ford I think is here to stay, but she appreciates an offer to vacation down south in sunny Arkansas!

#33 Salatino OFFLINE  

Salatino

• Member No: 1100
  • 29 Thanks
  • 188 posts

Posted December 13, 2011 - 01:09 PM

i'm with you on the one, they look good with the fenders,you know i basically bought mine over the phone after the man had told me it had fenders on it. still lookin for a seat and a hood 4 it. i havent found a seat that isnt cracked and the ones I do find are goin for big bucks.