• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 steveb OFFLINE  

steveb

• Member No: 7659
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted December 03, 2011 - 08:42 PM

Hello , I recently bought a case 444 that I am repowering with a briggs vangaurd 23hp. Does anyone know where to get a hyd. pump mount to use the original pump on this motor? Small engine warehouse has a mount but they will only sell it with the complete repower kit. Thanks for any help. Steve

#2 OKintheStix OFFLINE  

OKintheStix

• Member No: 8061
  • 2 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted January 02, 2012 - 10:41 AM

When I re-powered mine about 10 years ago with a Briggs opposed twin I removed a section of the original Onan bracket. When re-welded the hole pattern on the twin matched. Vanguard ( Mitsubishi) and the opposed twins shared many of the same mounting circles and bosses as they were used when the opposed twins were phased out. It has been working since. I look at the coupling rubber as part of ever seasons inspection and have never had a problem. I ran out in the yard and looked just a moment ago to confirm what I did. Make sure you have a FLAT surface as you measure for the modification and tack it together and set the mounting ring on the flat surface and check for true. I will try to get a picture. I also used the flywheel side stub adapter to hang an electric clutch for the deck. I used a post and spring to anchor it . I mow a rough 6 acres around the house with little regard for sticks though I do stop when they are bigger than my wrist! Having 200+ post oaks and blackjacks you have to have a tough machine. During a typical April to October season mowing twice per month I use 2 deck drive belts. Not bad considering we have some johnson grass in a wet area that can get waist high when the ground get too soft to mow. The exhaust is made from a manifold from an old Sears with high mount muffler. It exits to the left below the hood edge into a stack type tractor muffler with a rain cap. The only real issue I have with the re-power is ducting the engine cooling heat away from my boots. I have tried several schemes and still end up with heat on my feet!
  • Toolpartzman and case1975224 have said thanks