• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_ACguy1994_*

Guest_ACguy1994_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted December 03, 2011 - 08:44 PM

see now with a straight belt driven blower id be afraid of getting the belt wet and it slipping too much, where hydros of shaft wouldnt be affected as much by wet. does the belt getting wet ever slow you down?

#17 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted December 03, 2011 - 09:25 PM

No...when properly setup I never had a problem. We had A LOT of snow last season and I never encountered an issue, once I had the right pulley and belt...my blower came with the wrong pulley, wrong belt and spring, once it was set with the right parts...it was perfect all winter. this is not a sloppy fit the PTO is the workhorse once it is right the setup cannot be beat...

I thought the same thing about belt drive, vs hydro or shaft...but the Case guys directed me properly. And now if it fails all I do is replace a $20 belt, whereas if the hydro fails it could be an $800 motor...plus setup right it is ultra reliable...so the choice is simple...

#18 cp7 OFFLINE  

cp7

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1369
  • 58 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted December 03, 2011 - 10:51 PM

Even your shaft driven pto has belts AC.
Granted Bolens was good enough to put three on your HT and they don't do the silly twist but it's still belt driven.

#19 Guest_ACguy1994_*

Guest_ACguy1994_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted December 05, 2011 - 08:39 PM

cp you do have a good point on the 3 belts. for a while i ran the mower with one and never encountered slippage. now 3 would be just, wow. now i wonder if the muledrives draw power from the motor at all. i know running the 3 belts on the largeframes must draw some but i never thought about how much.

#20 chuckerfarm2014 OFFLINE  

chuckerfarm2014
  • Member No: 62364
  • 27 Thanks
  • 45 posts

Posted July 08, 2015 - 08:31 AM

For good measure I've been collecting different garden tractors for a long time I've collected wheel horse, cub cadet, case and now john Deere. I've had single stage blowers but after having a two stage I would never go back. The cub cadets were the worst single stage even with speed up pulley. Wheel horse has a two stage with a 520h that worked really well. The case 448 I had was ok but lacked the power my 520h had and the jd 430 I just sold killed all of them. I just got a x595 with selectable 4wd and 24hp diesel. Guess what ! This tractor is much stronger than my 430 and I thought I'd never meet that day hahah. Back to blowers/ if I couldn't have a two stage then I'd being plowing the snow. I'll never go back to a single.