• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_ACguy1994_*

Guest_ACguy1994_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted December 03, 2011 - 08:26 PM

and the guys at the local kubota place seem to have really cheap parts when you get there 2 minutes b4 closing and they dont feel like making change to they round down to the nearest buck.

#17 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,117 posts

Posted December 03, 2011 - 08:47 PM

The best way to get the size is to remove one.The spindles are one inch.Just make sure you don't use a bronze one as it is two soft and will wear quickly and also not a steel one as they will wear the spindle out as the originals were not pure bronze.

#18 Guest_ACguy1994_*

Guest_ACguy1994_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted December 03, 2011 - 08:56 PM

alright, i dont think im going to be doing that until i know there no chance of snow, so maybe around june lol. because i want to put another lean-to against my shed and i need to level the ground, the allis 310 isnt touching it. but i know what will in 1 or 2 passes *grin*

#19 AdrianR OFFLINE  

AdrianR

• Member No: 2148
  • 8 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted December 08, 2011 - 10:05 PM

so within a week or so i should have the kubota engine in the ht20, it weighs probably 150 pounds more then the kohler. im not worried about the front weight limit with the engine, but what if i got a loader, then would i have to worry about breaking anything?

As others have stated spindles and bearings are weak link. The HT-20 was designed for use with the HEAVY HEAVY duty 2 stage snowblower which weighs close to a whopping 500#. So heavy motor should not matter

#20 Guest_ACguy1994_*

Guest_ACguy1994_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted December 09, 2011 - 06:18 PM

i got my flywheel back today, so far it looks as if i might get her in this weekend. im just about twitching in excitement!!!!!!!!!