• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted December 02, 2011 - 11:07 AM

Really nice 12. What I like best about your deal is the great attachments you got with it. You can really put it to work winter and summer. Congratulations.

#17 Bud OFFLINE  

Bud

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 650
  • 341 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted December 02, 2011 - 01:41 PM

Looked at the engine today and the numbers are OH160 17008F . I guess the seller was right its a 16 hp. I'm surprised it fit with no cutting the hood or grill, might have had to drill new mounting holes when they put it in though. Runs fine, the key switch has been replaced with a togle switch. I think the snowthrower handle might have been a jack handle. It doesn't look like pictures I've seen. If anyone has a blower could you give me the length and the dia. of the rod so I could make one fairly close, also the size of the lift spring as they are missing, thanks.

#18 mac102004 OFFLINE  

mac102004

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1420
  • 225 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted December 02, 2011 - 03:56 PM

Nice looking 12. Congrats.

#19 ckjakline ONLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,093 posts

Posted December 02, 2011 - 06:44 PM

Looked at the engine today and the numbers are OH160 17008F . I guess the seller was right its a 16 hp. I'm surprised it fit with no cutting the hood or grill, might have had to drill new mounting holes when they put it in though. Runs fine, the key switch has been replaced with a togle switch. I think the snowthrower handle might have been a jack handle. It doesn't look like pictures I've seen. If anyone has a blower could you give me the length and the dia. of the rod so I could make one fairly close, also the size of the lift spring as they are missing, thanks.

The springs you can get at the hardware store.I think the ones i got for mine were 4"long not sure on coil dia.I just got a fairly stiff spring so it lifted easier.
  • Bud said thank you

#20 plowboy OFFLINE  

plowboy

TRACTOROLOGIST

• Contributor
  • Member No: 7340
  • 133 Thanks
  • 229 posts

Posted December 03, 2011 - 06:37 AM

deff agree, just think you got to get outa town for a bit. prob even seen a few more GT's on the way looking in backyards...lol. Anyway....great lookn MF sure looks like a great rig

#21 Bud OFFLINE  

Bud

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 341 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted December 06, 2011 - 05:19 PM

ckjakline or anyone, do you pull your lever or push it to raise the mf620? The manual says "pull back" to raise it and "forward" to lower. I have to push forward to raise mine and let the lever come back to lower it.

#22 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,595 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted December 06, 2011 - 06:30 PM

It's a bonus having the 16 horse engine in there! I would think the tank may have been swapped for a MF10 tank as they are shorter. I'm not positive, but I think the MF12 tank would hit the tall OHV engine????

#23 Bud OFFLINE  

Bud

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 341 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted December 06, 2011 - 08:26 PM

Your right Danial, it is the shorter tank, boy nothing slips by you ha, ha. I noticed also that the 12 has a two piece fender (belt) cover were my 10 has a one piece. I got the lift to work right now. I had to unhook the lift arm assembly, works a whole lot nicer. It has a bettery tender facened under the battery. I don't know if it works or not. If it works i'll leave it on for now. Took the aftermarket seat of the mf7 and put on.
IMGP1762.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• IMGP1763.jpg

Edited by caseguy, December 06, 2011 - 08:34 PM.
picture placement

#24 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted December 06, 2011 - 08:36 PM

Hey Bud, I edited you post just to put the pictures in order. That's a nice looking machine you have there!
  • Bud said thank you

#25 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted December 06, 2011 - 09:19 PM

Bud that's nice, I'd like to have that motor in my 67MF12h.
I think the late model MF12g came with deluxe muffler, and the long dipstick had the shorter tanks in them.
  • Bud said thank you