Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Nominations Now Being Accepted for Featured Tractor of the Month for January 2012!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

#46 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• Member No: 84
  • 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted December 12, 2011 - 07:17 AM

wow!! The entries keep coming, and all look awesome. This is truely a tough month to enter. Good luck to everyone!!

#47 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted December 12, 2011 - 07:47 AM

Since there seem to be alot of Bolens in the nominations, I guess I'll go ahead and enter the competition with my 1966 Bolens 1050

I've owned this tractor for around 11 years. This originally belonged to my grandfather which he used to do yard work with years ago. The other tractor I inherited from him was his Bolens 1000 which is my favorite but I still love the 1050 just as much:D

The 1050 is my main workhorse which is responsible for mowing, plowing, tilling and is used for snow removal. Around a year ago I rebuilt the 8 1/4 HP engine replacing the valves, connecting rod and piston rings. It runs great and it starts right up with a turn of the key.
Basically everything on the tractor has been serviced or replaced with new parts, new carb rebuild, bearings seals ect.

This fall I won a NOS hard top cab on ebay which I installed and cant wait to test it out when we get some measurable snow.

cab 002.jpg

Here's a video of it in action :thumbs:
(note the title says 10HP but its actually 8 1/4)

Attached Thumbnails

• bolens hyd 004.jpg
  • 1.jpg
  • bolens hyd 006.jpg

#48 Ranchkingron OFFLINE  

Ranchkingron

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1613
  • 28 Thanks
  • 183 posts

Posted December 12, 2011 - 12:40 PM

As most of you know I acquired pseudo 1975 AC 710 (Homelite T-10) which I love but to be honest it's ugly !

But even with all the scratches and dents it's a real workhorse strong, heavy and in respect to the others I have powerful.

At the time I got it I also found a couple of dozer blades and some other equipment of which I tried to sell for the owner but there was no interest so I paid for it and thought down the line I may use it.

Once I got the tractor straightened out I looked at the Bolens blade and thought it may work if I could mount it and come up with a lift rod.

So after determining what I needed for steel and how to fab it up I got to work, as stated it's not pretty but it does work well and if the time come that I find the original implements then it can all be unbolted and put back stock with no holes drilled.

So here's what I did :

Fab up a bracket for the blade.

Make a lift rod that would have float and down pressure.

Traction ? : As I had some tire chains that were close to the proper size (they needed a few links taken out) the only thing I wanted was more weight So I made up a bracket to hold some cast iron barbell discs (didn't have time to load the tires), and like the blade mount can be removed without any ill effects or extra holes.

Safety : From reading what other members have said lights are a must have, a couple of brackets later and a trip to the farm store I installed two lights out front one in the rear and red and amber lights out back (the amber's flash) and will add some to the front and sides this week, a SMV placard was the final touch as it will be used to clear the drive and the shoulder of our road.

We have only had one 8" dropping of snow so far but it performed great but it could use a little more weight and some better tires on the front (it has a tendency to be lite with the blade full) but so far I'm happy with how it works, and it works even better in dirt.

Sorry if this is long winded and if need be one of our Great Moderators can shorten it down.

With so many nice entries this month it's going to be hard to decide, but I think they're all winners.

Ron

P.S. You guys make me so jealous with all the great setups. :worshippy1:

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1029.jpg
  • IMG_1033.jpg
  • IMG_1028.jpg
  • IMG_1031.jpg
  • IMG_1032.jpg
  • IMG_1027.jpg

Edited by Ranchkingron, December 13, 2011 - 05:20 AM.

#49 Ranchkingron OFFLINE  

Ranchkingron

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1613
  • 28 Thanks
  • 183 posts

Posted December 13, 2011 - 05:28 AM

Unless I miscounted I'm a little late sorry about that, oh well there's always next year.

Great bunch of equipment folks thanks for posting them, I enjoyed looking at all of them.

Ron

#50 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted December 13, 2011 - 06:09 AM

Unless I miscounted I'm a little late sorry about that, oh well there's always next year.

Great bunch of equipment folks thanks for posting them, I enjoyed looking at all of them.

Ron

I only counted 14 nominations (including yours)

I'll go ahead and close this thread and George will get the Poll started.

#51 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 13, 2011 - 06:39 AM

Thanks Brian. I will get the poll posted tonight :D