Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Nominations Now Being Accepted for Featured Tractor of the Month for January 2012!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

#16 jdcrawler OFFLINE  

jdcrawler

tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1639
  • 3,173 Thanks
  • 1,724 posts

Posted December 02, 2011 - 07:35 PM

I use photobucket for processing my photos.
How do I add photos from there to here as attachments ?

#17 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted December 02, 2011 - 07:53 PM

67 10 w cab and blower.jpg This is my 1967 massey ferguson 10 with snow blower and cab.I got the tractor in may of 2010.My brother was coming home from working his part time job,and gave me a call and said hey there's a massey 10 for sale in ephrata ,About 10 mins from my house.I wasn't really looking for another one but,I said it can't hurt to check it out.I went to look at it and it was an offer i couldn't pass by.It was the tractor,and mower deck, and a bunch of manuals and literature for massey garden tractors.The tractor also had a sleeve hitch.I was looking for one of those for 2 years.I asked the owner why i never saw the tractor around here before,and he said it was there tractor for mowing at there cabin.He had just brought it home the week before so he could sell it.The tractor is all original except for the seat.

The snow blower is a model 620 massey ferguson.I'm not exactly sure why it is white,but that is the original color. I have never seen any other massey snow blowers that were white.They were all red.At first i was making my rounds at a consignment sale just passed it by thinking it was a cub cadet.I didn"t even bother to look at it.The day of the sale came and i was doing another walk around and seen it from the front.It said massey ferguson.I checked serial tag and sure enough it was a model 620.I ended up getting it for a good price..I got the blower in the fall of 2009.I had the blower before i got the tractor it's mounted to.I was going to put it on my other 67 MF 10,but decided to put it on this one because it had the front mount on the center axle pivot bolt.I figured it would be easier.It came with all the brackets.The only thing it didn't have was the helper springs,and the lift rod.The lift rod i made up rather quickly.The springs i got at a local hardware store.

The cab i got in the summer of 2011.I found it on craigslist in a nearby town.The owner had no clue what it was for.All he knew was it was for a massey garden tractor.I knew by looking at the massey emblem it was for the older 10 and 12 GTs.I mounted the cab shortly after i got it so it would be set for this winter.

I used the tractor and blower for the winter of 2010.Hopefully i'll be able to use it with the cab this year.I've been leaving the blower hooked up year round.I have other tractors to do other things.

Attached Thumbnails

• 67 10 w cab and blower (2).jpg

#18 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted December 02, 2011 - 08:25 PM

I use photobucket for processing my photos.
How do I add photos from there to here as attachments ?

There are a couple of ways, but the way I do it, is to go to the picture on PB, then r click, copy.

Then go to the post you want to put them into & click add file, website, then paste in the URL.

If that doesn't work, Start your post with the links and I'll help.
  • jdcrawler said thank you

#19 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• Member No: 84
  • 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted December 04, 2011 - 09:02 AM

Hello everyone,
I'd like to enter my bolens 1050. My father bought this tractor in rough shape @ 23 years ago when I was 6 or 7 yrs old. I am unsure on what year it is exactly. I still remeber the day we bought it. He had a tiny chevy spectrum car. We drove over an hour to buy it. He bought everything for $250 which included the tractor, cab, mower deck, snowcaster, and a bolens 800 in non running conditon. We loaded all these items onto a 4x8 trailer and into the back of the little spectrum and began our long journey home(hours of driving at 25 to 40mph).
Once we got everything home we began to repair it. We got the 1050 running well and used the 800 for a few parts. We then disassembled the 800 for parts. The 1050 has had a long rough life. At age 11 I started mowing lawns, raking leaves, and snowblowing driveways for some people on my street. The 1050 worked flawlessly and always was up for work. I ran my small business from age 11 til I was age 19 with it. It also was taking care of our normal house duties. Then my father bought 28 acres of land. It was mostly open field. We used the 1050 to mow down acres of tall grass in 1st gear low for years. Then the 1050 got a break. I moved out into a apartment, and my parents built a house on there property. My dad ended up buying a much bigger tractor to maintain his property. The 1050 got minimal use for many years until I finally bought my house. My father gave me the tractor and I began to restore it. I gave the tractor a fresh coat of paint, a quick check over, and put it to work. Its been my main workhorse around the house. Pulling trailers, tilling the garden, and snowblowing tons of snow! Here are some pics of the 1050 at work in the snow. Last march I did end up buying a scut. So The 1050 is now on snow duty backup, and garden duty. I plan to fully restore it again soon.

Attached Thumbnails

• bolens 1050 1.jpg
  • bolens with blower.jpg
  • bolens 1050 2.jpg

#20 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted December 04, 2011 - 10:58 AM

Well I will nominate my Cub Cadet 129 with QA42A SnowThrower.

I bought the 129 2 years ago, it was a piece of junk, the wiring was cut up and not hooked up, the motor was shot. I rewired it and used it for part of the year until the motor backfired and caught fire, I have spent a small fortune on it but it's 150% better now. I still have a ways to go with it.

We had a record 13" of snow last year here in Oklahoma, I was stuck it at the house for 2 days with no way way out of the yard. So I bought the SnowThrower from a guy in Eastern Pennsylvania and had it trucked in. You can see from the pictures it was a ball of rust and non working. I had it sandblasted, and a lot repaired were made to make it usable, new chain adjuster, new bearings, and painted the inside with POR-15 paint. It should last me years now.

I currently have the each of the back tires filled with 4 gallons of windshield washer fluid, and have 4 link chains installed, hopefully I won't need to use it this winter, but in the small town I live in, this is the only Snowthrower in town. :smile1:

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0705.jpg
  • IMG_0706.jpg
  • IMG_0112.jpg
  • IMG_0111.jpg
  • IMG_0119.jpg

#21 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted December 04, 2011 - 11:55 AM

Hello to everyone, here's one for you to check out:smile1:

Here are a couple of pictures of my current snow removal package in action taken last winter courtesy of my Brother while I was doing his drive.

Greg & Toy.jpg

My 1974 Simplicity System 7016H, electric lift, winter cab, loaded rear turfs with 2 link chains and a normal looking 42 Inch, single stage snow-blower. Ah but not so fast, you can’t see it in this picture but that innocent looking snow blower is my secret weapon when the Michigan Lake Effect snows try to get the best of us:smilewink:.
I got the 42 in snow blower in with a trade along with some other goodies a few years ago. It worked OK the first winter and got the drive done quicker than the 36 inch blower that I had before but the 42 in blower was in rough shape looks wise and there was what I thought an excessive amount of space between the auger and the sides of the housing. A rebuild was in order, so I figured if I took it apart and replaced the bearings, replaced the drive chain, add some new grease, then repainted everything, then I would be set for a long time. I was considering trying to add welds to the edge of the auger to reduce the space between it and the housing. Not being very adept at welding I kept my mind busy thinking of another alternative:confuse:. Then I stumbled upon an opportunity to get a piece of Stainless Steel that was rolled to almost the same diameter as the housing and I was able to have a lip folded over on the bottom. So this is what I started with.:D:D

snowblowerliner2.JPG

Took some cutting, fitting and cussing:wallbanging:, but I was able to get the SS liner in place and fastened down then completed the reassembly of the blower.

shinysnowblower.JPG
Now I have a no-stick easy slide blower, worked pretty darn well all throughout last year. Would like to try a piece on the chute but have not gotten around to it yet.
It's not near as pretty now, had an issue with gravel last year.
Shinyblowerfirstyear.JPG
I have since added an electric spout rotator, and have that all set to go, just need to get the cab back on and then I guess we need some snow:smilewink:.
IMG_5867 [1024x768].jpg

Thanks to all, Greg:wave:

Attached Thumbnails

• Safe from the elements.jpg
  • snowblowerstainlessliner.JPG
  • shinysnowblower1.JPG
  • shinysnowblower11.JPG
  • shinysnowblower3.JPG
  • shinysnowblower12.JPG
  • shinysnowblower2.JPG
  • IMG_5866 [1024x768].jpg

Edited by Michiganmobileman, December 04, 2011 - 05:11 PM.
Corrected pictures as attachments

#22 jdcrawler OFFLINE  

jdcrawler

tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1639
  • 3,173 Thanks
  • 1,724 posts

Posted December 04, 2011 - 06:11 PM

Greg .. your blower rebuild looks really good. I like the idea of the stainless liner.
  • Michiganmobileman said thank you

#23 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted December 04, 2011 - 07:14 PM

Thanks Ray,
I thought seeing as the blower was probably 30 years old or so when I got it that it would be worth my time to take it apart and rebuild/repaint it. Should be all set if I get another 30 years out of it. I had the same idea with my tiller and rebuilt it hoping to last til I have no tilling left in me:smilewink:. The old Simplicity stuff was built to last! The liner was one of those right place right time deals, in hindsight kind of wish I would have gotten more at the time.

#24 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted December 04, 2011 - 10:38 PM

Greg,
You might want to seal between the 2 metals at the chute. stuff could get in behind the Stainless and get trapped in there.

I love the look, it takes up the gap & keeps you from having to deal with stuff sticking to rust.

:thumbs: on the wiper motor! I will steal that idea, if you don't mind.

#25 akretowicz OFFLINE  

akretowicz

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2090
  • 148 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted December 06, 2011 - 07:38 PM

Here is my recently acquired 1973 John Deere 110 with 47A. I purchased it from the second owner a short while ago fully equipped with wheel weights, and tire chains. She has electric lift which works perfectly with the helper spring. At some point in the past the lift motor has been replaced. Which is fine by me!

Shortly after purchasing, I fully serviced the tractor. Cleaned the carburetor, replaced air filter, spark plug, changed to fully synthetic oil. Changed oil in transaxle. I bought a headlight valance for it on E-Bay. Painted the grill. She looks and runs terrific! I also serviced the snowblower. Adjusted drive chain tension. A few shots of grease on the auger drive shaft. Sanded, primed, and painted the interior of the discharge chute. It now is residing in my garage covered up and waiting for our first big snow. Hopefully, it will be a long wait.

Attached Thumbnails

• Snow Blower 002.jpg
  • Misc. stuff 012.jpg
  • Snow Blower 003.jpg

#26 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,651 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted December 06, 2011 - 07:48 PM

There are a couple of ways, but the way I do it, is to go to the picture on PB, then r click, copy.

Then go to the post you want to put them into & click add file, website, then paste in the URL.

If that doesn't work, Start your post with the links and I'll help.

I learned something there too! I always copied the photos into my hard drive. Saves steps now!

#27 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted December 06, 2011 - 08:23 PM

Since I finally got it done I would like to nominate my Bolens 1456 with the adapted Bolens 32" Snow Caster.
I saw an ad last summer advertising an old garden tractor and snowblower. Turned out to be a Bolens 600 with the 32" snow caster. I couldn't get the motor on the 600 to run, but the snowthrower turned freely and looked to be in good shape.
I found my Bolens H14 and a 24" tiller on craigslist about a month later. The tractor runs fine, the tiller works great, and I couldn't be happier. Just for the heck of it I lined up the snowcaster with the tractor and it looked like it would fit. I hooked it up, saw that I needed to change the pickup arm on the snowcaster. It was hitting the axle because it was too close to the axle. I cut it loose from the bracket and rewelded it where it would work.
Figuring out how and where to attach the discharge chute direction lever wasn't so easy. I finally came up with welding together back to back two short pieces of angle iron, then I drilled two holes in one side to match the holes for the parking brake bracket on the tractor, used longer bolts and bolted it on over the bracket. Then I made a new direction lever arm with an added piece of steel (the control rod is too short). Then I gave the snow caster a new paint job to match the tractor, and now I am ready for some snow!

Edited by Jimbobbillyray, December 07, 2011 - 01:32 PM.

#28 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,117 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 01:43 PM

b 076.jpg

Here is my 1985 Bolens HT23.I had been looking for several years and this one came up for auction so away i went.It came with a 54 inch deck and a 54 inch blade.It also has pwer steering and criuse control.It also had the cheap plastic wheel weights and turfs on the back and alot of dirt and grim.It has since seen a complete service and new tires and weights to the rear.And a 3 point hitch added to it.

I got to use it alot last winter for the first time and it had no problems pushing 3 feet of snow.This is the main snow machine i use and hope to add a 2 stage blower in the future.Now she is itching for snow wish i could say the same.But if i have any problems that this can't do then i use the HT20D with the loader.

Attached Thumbnails

• b 074.jpg
  • b 075.jpg

#29 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 03:43 PM

Wow all I can say is,
This is going to be a tough decision!

Keep those nominations coming guys!

#30 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,651 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 10:17 PM

Any action video's of these nominated machines in "snow removal action" would be super as well!