A new guy from Western New York with a new to me 110, with a snow blower

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 fredo OFFLINE  

• Member No: 7539
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted December 04, 2011 - 09:52 PM

Well I must admit that You all have made me feel very welcome and glad signed up. I did work on my 110 yesterday before heading down to the Amish community around the Randolph area and again today after church. I changed the secondary belt that goes from the variator to the trans-axle. I got on the ground after jacking the right rear wheel up and took the pulley apart as lyall said. That belt has a tensioner pulley on it and I had to get it out of the way to get the belts changed. I did read the information that Johndeereelfman wrote about the primary belt from the engine and the variator and I thought it might be a good idea to wait untill spring for that one as the belt on there now look good enough. I know that might sound like 'famous last words' but really it does look pretty good! Honest!
When I read about 'standing the tractor up' for cleaning surprised me. The manual I have gives a weight of just under 800 pounds and I can not imagine getting that tractor up on its rear. But I feel I might be missing something here and I am all ears, so to speak.
Now , I noticed that the rear body panel seems to be held by only 4 bolts and does any maintenance procedure require it to be removed?
Anyway the 110 has gas, new belts(save one), and a oil change but there is no snow in the forecast but I can like with that.
Again, thanks to everyone for their welcomes and advice.

#17 Trav1s OFFLINE  

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,591 Thanks
  • 3,740 posts

Posted December 05, 2011 - 07:40 AM

Removing the seat pan does make servicing much easier on the later 110/112 tractor.
  • fredo said thank you