Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

I put old faithful to work! The 1050 never lets me down!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• Member No: 84
  • 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted November 27, 2011 - 09:47 AM

Hello everyone,
Here in eden, ny were having a way too nice of weather for this time of year. Which is helping me finish up some loose ends around the house. So I called on my 1050 to till the garden. I haven't used it much this year, as I have a new Massey Ferguson Scut, but when it comes to the garden. The 1050 is the only tractor with a tiller. I call it old faithful because my father bought the 1050 22 years ago in rough shape. He fixed it up, and then he used and abused the crap out of it. When I bought a house 2-1/2 yrs ago I asked him for it because he wasn't using it and it was sitting outside under a tarp. I brought it home, put a battery and fresh gas in it, and it fired right up. The 1050 never has let me down! It sat all summer, I walked up to it turned the gas on, and it fired right up. I thought for sure the battery would atleast be dead. So I went to work. I got the garden fence posts pulley with my Massey gc2600 and tilled away with the bolens! Enjoy the pics!

Attached Thumbnails

• massey and bolens at work.jpg
  • bolens roto rear.jpg
  • bolens front roto.jpg
  • bolens rear roto.jpg

• grand said thank you

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,700 Thanks
  • 17,207 posts

Posted November 27, 2011 - 09:54 AM

Thanks for the pictures
Good to see the 1050 in action!

What name is on that sticker on the dash panel?

#3 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4180
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted November 27, 2011 - 09:59 AM

Nice. How's your arm?:D Those tillers sure are hard to lift. I have an extension on mine to make it a 3 ft tiller and I'm am the only one of my family that can lift it on the 1253. Just grabbed a hydraulic lift off Ebay for the 1253 last night. That will be nice when I get it installed.

Sure has been nice weather around here for the end of November.

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,467 Thanks
  • 39,703 posts

Posted November 27, 2011 - 10:04 AM

Looks like it did a fine job! I need to make the piece for the back of my tiller to keep from throwing stuff across the yard. Maybe something like you have, looks simple.

#5 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,700 Thanks
  • 17,207 posts

Posted November 27, 2011 - 10:41 AM

Nice. How's your arm?:D Those tillers sure are hard to lift. I have an extension on mine to make it a 3 ft tiller and I'm am the only one of my family that can lift it on the 1253. Just grabbed a hydraulic lift off Ebay for the 1253 last night. That will be nice when I get it installed.

Sure has been nice weather around here for the end of November.

I'm sure you will enjoy that hydraulic lift. Once you get one of those you will never use the manual lift again.

#6 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted November 27, 2011 - 02:50 PM

My arm is good so far, but it does take alot to pull the tiller up. Brian im not sure about what sticker is in the middle of the dash. I believe both my 1050's have dealer stickers. I'll read them and let you know. Congrats on the hydrallic lift lovintractorin. Since Ive had hydrallics, hydrostatic, powersteering, 4x4, and diesel, man is it hard to go back to the plain Bolens Beast. But my 1050's and certain attachments will never be sold! They both were given to me by my Dad and my grandfather. So even if I don't get much use out of them, they will be stored til someday when I pass them onto my kids.

#7 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted November 27, 2011 - 10:42 PM

Glad you are able to enjoy the nice Upstate weather. Looks like the Massey is all set for the Upstate winters.

#8 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted November 27, 2011 - 11:13 PM

Looksa like it's doing a fine job! May I ask what tires you have on the rear? Kinda looks like ATV tires.

#9 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted November 28, 2011 - 06:27 PM

Yea there atv tires. There gbc lumberjacks. i believe there 24x10x12. They work great in all conditions.

#10 Guest_ACguy1994_*

Guest_ACguy1994_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted November 28, 2011 - 06:47 PM

ive never thought of putting atv tires on a tractor. if i did id go with maxxas bighorns. there nice. those lumberjacks look like the tires on the old honda 3 wheelers.

#11 Brett OFFLINE  

Brett

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7141
  • 78 Thanks
  • 287 posts

Posted November 28, 2011 - 08:36 PM

Great Pic's thanks for sharing.. Not often that WNY gives you this weather the last week of Nov. I haven't been out the Eden way in 15 years.

#12 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted December 03, 2011 - 10:19 PM

{But my 1050's and certain attachments will never be sold! They both were given to me by my Dad and my grandfather. So even if I don't get much use out of them, they will be stored til someday when I pass them onto my kids.} Thank you for your pics and wonderful post. I sure hope that your children enjoy the 1050 and the family history behind it.